• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blatant scam artist!

26 posts in this topic

Nope, that's incorrect because the Brave and the Bold in the guy's auction has off-white to white pages whereas the one at Heritage has off-white pages!

Nice catch there, greggo!

When I saw the listing earlier this morning, the first thing that popped into my head was "All of these were stolen and the seller is trying to move them all at once...fast!"

???

It's only a gut feeling and I have no proof, other than why would someone NOT sell these individually? Not so much more work, but definitely more $$$ return. PLUS, why offer to pay for the shipping? The winner's not going to care about $10-15 on a lot like this.

Again, this is only my feeling. Take it with a grain of salt- or take it with a salt-lick!! Anyone who thinks I'm condemning this seller without due process just remember 1 thing...this is not a court of law. smirk.gif

Although some here try to treat it as such.

Rick

OK, I did a search of current and completed eBay auctions to see if they were snatched from there! Here are my findings:

1) No copies of CGC 9.4 Brave and the Bold 54 currently on eBay or recently completed.

2) Brave and the Bold 62 CGC 9.4 - No current auctions. There was a recent auction for a 9.4 - Monterey copy with off-white to white pages. The seller's copy has off-white pages!

3) Wonder Woman 177 CGC 9.4 - An auction with cream to off-white pages is currently on auction. This is a relist and there are no other CGC 9.4 completed auctions. The one currently on auction has cream to off-white pages. The seller's copy has off-white to white pages!

4) Showcase 55 CGC 9.4 - No current or recent closed auctions in this grade.

5) DC 100 Page Super Spectacular 6 CGC 9.4 - There is a current auction with a copy with off-white to white pages. The seller's copy has cream to off-white pages!

I'm not saying that the auction is legit or not but there is nothing obvious regarding it being a scam. The scans seems to be from the same scanner. I guess if the seller didn't have any feedback, this wouldn't be an issue.

Also, putting all these books in one lot is illogical! crazy.gif

Yo, you going to explain your reasoning or should we ignore any fraud threads unless it is started by rickdogg? confused.gif

imo, this is a scam. imo, the scan of the dc 100 pager is put togehter and the fonts on the notes of the books look strange can anyone make out a serial #? .....but go ahead and bid if u like.

Well, I compared the fonts with the copies and the fonts of the notes looks the same. Also, don't know what gman means by saying that the DC 100 page super spectacular is put together. Like I said, the scans are from the same scanner. If the scans are stolen, they are stolen from one source. I wouldn't bid on it just because I don't want all of the books and the seller is new.

Still doesn't prove that it is BLATANT! Sorry, if you are going to use that word, at least be somewhat conclusive. There is nothing conclusive at this time! crazy.gif

It's only a gut feeling and I have no proof, other than why would someone NOT sell these individually? Not so much more work, but definitely more $$$ return. PLUS, why offer to pay for the shipping? The winner's not going to care about $10-15 on a lot like this.

I would think all of this could be explained by the "0" feedback. The person is obviously a new seller on ebay, possibly just discovering it to move the books. As a new user, they have not studied all the ebay trends, didn't think of listing all seperate & thought throwing in free shipping was a nice idea. If anyone had concerns maybe they should contact the seller before posting a headline like "blatant scam artist." These boards are an amzing place to get great information...or misinformation.

Well Bonds25 from our forums is bidding on it so perhaps he asked the seller some questions before bidding.

He's actually using his real ID so perhaps he is comfortable with the guy? He's pretty skeptical!

Perhaps he could shed some light on the situation when he comes online! smile.gif

Yo, it may be repetitive but it appears to be grammatically correct. Now, go ruin another thread, as I want gman publicly humuliated due to him starting this thread! tongue.gif