• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I’m giving away a Good Looking Amazing Spider-Man, #54 this week!

19 posts in this topic

I’m giving away a Good Looking Amazing Spider-Man, #54 this week! I’m also giving away a some SUPER NICE Silver Age comic books in the next few weeks!!! In the following weeks, I’m giving away... Anthro #4, Aquaman #25, Atom #15, Avengers #49, Batman #205, Beware The Creeper #5, Blue Beetle #5, Brave And The Bold #66, Captain America #106 and the list continues!!!

sparkles.gifAmazing Spider-Man, #54sparkles.gif

http://www.myparentscomics.com/scans/AMS/AMS054-4-F.jpg We Have Over 50,000 Comic Books In Our Inventory/Collection…

We am raffling off (GIVING AWAY) ONE COMIC BOOK PER WEEK for 52 weeks!!! As a promotion to get people to view our web site and find some excellent deals on a wide variety of comic books, I am raffling off (GIVING AWAY) ONE COMIC BOOK PER WEEK for the next 52 weeks (one year), which started March 1st, 2004!!! Entering this comic book raffle is totally Free / There is No Purchase Necessary Check out the following links and & pass the word... Our Home Web Site: (We are lowering are sales prices to 40% off on basically All Of Our Inventory) The Bulk of our inventory on the web is now selling at ebay prices http://www.myparentscomics.com/Our Ebay Auctions: (Basically the majority of our auctions are from the Golden & Silver age and we try to enter an average of 75 to 100 new listings per week!) http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...&page=1&rows=25Our About Me Page: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=myparentscomics Let me know what you think? Regards, Ken www.myparentscomics.com

Paging RedHook and Awe4One, come in RedHook and Awe4One.... We have a raffle sighting. Deploy advance strike forces and terminate with extreme prejudice.

Psst! gossip.gif

New rules are in the Marketplace! 893whatthe.gif

It's his first post in awhile so it may slip by with a warning since he didn't know.

poke2.gif

Well since they provide no details on how to enter their auction plus they link to their auctions, it sort of breaks the spirit of the pay to play rule.

Regardless, this is not a guy who contributes at all to these forums on any sort of regular basis, so I think he's really in violation of the spirit of the entire forum.

Frankly, I'd just like to see this thread removed.

I've never bought from him, but I know for a fact that they DO give away the comics they claim to give away. I won the House Of Secrets #89 from week 26 (just click the "Raffle" icon and it takes you to a page that has the entry form and a list of previous winners).

I’m giving away a Good Looking Amazing Spider-Man, #54 this week! I’m also giving away a some SUPER NICE Silver Age comic books in the next few weeks!!! In the following weeks, I’m giving away... Anthro #4, Aquaman #25, Atom #15, Avengers #49, Batman #205, Beware The Creeper #5, Blue Beetle #5, Brave And The Bold #66, Captain America #106 and the list continues!!!

sparkles.gifAmazing Spider-Man, #54sparkles.gif

http://www.myparentscomics.com/scans/AMS/AMS054-4-F.jpg We Have Over 50,000 Comic Books In Our Inventory/Collection…

We am raffling off (GIVING AWAY) ONE COMIC BOOK PER WEEK for 52 weeks!!! As a promotion to get people to view our web site and find some excellent deals on a wide variety of comic books, I am raffling off (GIVING AWAY) ONE COMIC BOOK PER WEEK for the next 52 weeks (one year), which started March 1st, 2004!!! Entering this comic book raffle is totally Free / There is No Purchase Necessary Check out the following links and & pass the word... Our Home Web Site: (We are lowering are sales prices to 40% off on basically All Of Our Inventory) The Bulk of our inventory on the web is now selling at ebay prices Let me know what you think?

Can Canadians enter as well

Paging RedHook and Awe4One, come in RedHook and Awe4One.... We have a raffle sighting. Deploy advance strike forces and terminate with extreme prejudice.

You're right....Parent needs to delete this thread as it's now against Board rules to hype a raffle or free giveaway.

I did notice though that Parent clearly listed who had won on his website and contacts the winner...that was the main source of the problem with ComicSupply's suspect Hulk #181 raffle...

But again...fair's fair...it has to go...

Jim

Hi Guys,

I read the post of "A few simple guidlines for the Marketplace" and I emailed the "Architech" to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong by what I was posting and sent the entire posting that you see and the response that I received was "It fits the guildelines"...

All I'm basically doing is sharing the fact that I am giving away a good looking Amazing Spider-Man # 54 this week, which is what I am doing...

I mean no harm and I am not trying to take advantage of anyone by giving away a decent looking comic book every week and in turn getting people to go to my website to enter the "FREE" raffle and possibly make a sale or two...

I post the winners names and their locations every Sunday and have met some really neat people through this all...

We have an ebay rating of 1109 with 100% positive rating and have been selling comic books since August of 2002...

If I am doing something wrong here by trying to tell others out there that I'm giving away a free comic book, then its up to CGC to remove this posting...

You're right....Parent needs to delete this thread as it's now against Board rules to hype a raffle or free giveaway.

I did notice though that Parent clearly listed who had won on his website and contacts the winner...that was the main source of the problem with ComicSupply's suspect Hulk #181 raffle...

Jim

759082-wrong.JPG

"3. Not to be used for promoting "pay to play" giveaways."

The rules states no "pay for play" giveaways. Parent's is a free raffle, no purchase required. There is no rule stating that you can't post notice of a free raffle.

759082-wrong.JPG.f91d8a5117975bdfa61972dd691d1c66.JPG

Jim

759082-wrong.JPG

"3. Not to be used for promoting "pay to play" giveaways."

The rules states no "pay for play" giveaways. Parent's is a free raffle, no purchase required. There is no rule stating that you can't post notice of a free raffle.

You are indeed right...I stand corrected...

Jim

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the incredible invasion of privacy that the winners will experience when their names and locations are published!

Unless MPC follows ComicSupply's forwardseeing dictum on privacy, the winners should be on guard against teams of ninja assassins looking to separate them from their highgrade winnings.

This could get ugly. Enter at your own risk! 893whatthe.gif

Brad... shhhh.. you are tipping off all of my potential crime spree candidates.

My plan was to do a cross country tour.. breaking into every winners house, swipe their winnings and head south.... to Mexico in a mad dash.

(as of now. I do not own any Ninja Stars.)

Now everyone is wise to my plan... thnx alot.

First OG tips off Hammer about the Private bidder loophole, now you tip off all the contest winners.

Whats next?.. you gonna tell ArnoldT to be careful about sending out pre release OS guides?

Or mention to Steve he might want to count to 10 before hitting.. OK, submit?

Ze-

27_laughing.gifhi.gif

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the incredible invasion of privacy that the winners will experience when their names and locations are published!

Unless MPC follows ComicSupply's forwardseeing dictum on privacy, the winners should be on guard against teams of ninja assassins looking to separate them from their highgrade winnings.

This could get ugly. Enter at your own risk! 893whatthe.gif

Do you really think there is an issue here?

Is your name Red Hook or Red Herring? 27_laughing.gif