• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A single MASSIVE stat?

14 posts in this topic

Looks that way to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301880230807?euid=cb49823ce1404483bfcf994a37f994b5&aid=555012&meid=d3a1af81bfe94d0595a1f2ca12ba818c&cp=1&_trksid=p11010.c100353.m3748&_trkparms=aid=555012&algo=PW.MBE&ao=1&asc=20150112095653&meid=d3a1af81bfe94d0595a1f2ca12ba818c&pid=100353&rk=1&rkt=8&sd=252288561366

$145.50 with three days to go. As a stat maybe that much, but probably more like $35-$50. The actual penciled/inked art would be $500ish.

All my opinion. What do ya'll think?

The Original Art might be underneath...?

Never know....could be the lost, unused, variant to the Mona Lisa under there.

I'm interested in buying a page from a favorite book in which the main and large image is one big stat and that's keeping me from the pulling the trigger. The artist who's in possession of it and is willing to sell it to me, doesn't know why the stat was placed there, leading me to believe that the original art may be there. Of course, the page is 20 years old so his memory might not be as sharp.

So I'm wondering, is it okay to remove stats from the art? Has anyone tried? What was the result? I'm afraid removing the stat would leave behind yellow glue residue. Or perhaps just ruin the page in general.

Thanks!

Also, related to this thread, the seller took down the piece.

I'm interested in buying a page from a favorite book in which the main and large image is one big stat and that's keeping me from the pulling the trigger. The artist who's in possession of it and is willing to sell it to me, doesn't know why the stat was placed there, leading me to believe that the original art may be there. Of course, the page is 20 years old so his memory might not be as sharp.

So I'm wondering, is it okay to remove stats from the art? Has anyone tried? What was the result? I'm afraid removing the stat would leave behind yellow glue residue. Or perhaps just ruin the page in general.

Thanks!

Also, related to this thread, the seller took down the piece.

There is a What If? page on Comiclink that ends tonight where the stat was removed and you can see the damage.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26pg%3D4%26x%3D45%26y%3D5%23Item_1101619&id=1101619

I have a few Gil Kane pages where the old stats were removed long ago, I think by Kane himself, probably. So, I think this would be the best you could hope for:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=626118

I hesitate to guess how it would go with old stats still attached after all this time. Probably best to leave it alone.

Andrew

The Original Art might be underneath...?

Never know....could be the lost, unused, variant to the Mona Lisa under there.

I think it'll break the heart of the Italian people to learn that Leonardo used Marvel comics illustration paper. On the other hand, being able to create such a masterpiece with only three fingers and the poor lightning conditions in the sewers is a marvel in itself.