• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Examples-Based Internet Grading System Opinions Needed

40 posts in this topic

My comments:

Definitions of the defects need to be added. I don't really know what sun shadowing is, and wasn't aware there was really a difference between spine creasing and spine stress.

A synonym for Spine creasing is Spine bends. I call them "bnds @ the Sp" in my notes.

Wouldn't it just be more efficient to write "spine bends"?

My comments:

Definitions of the defects need to be added. I don't really know what sun shadowing is, and wasn't aware there was really a difference between spine creasing and spine stress.

A synonym for Spine creasing is Spine bends. I call them "bnds @ the Sp" in my notes.

Wouldn't it just be more efficient to write "spine bends"?

Efficiency, I've learend, is not something board members here understand poke2.gif

I redid my comic I am buying and got a 9.4. So it's either an 8.5 and 9.2 or a 9.4 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmm

Well I'm sure it will be fine. Ted Lanview is a great guy who can grade so more power to me.

Have a good night y'all

Eric

Hey Brock - How about posting a large high-res scan of that avatar of yours? Wow. Who is she?

Sideways Big Mac

here to please thumbsup2.gif

Brockley has some other ... interesting ... photos lurking on his webspace account. smirk.gif

Who knew lesbians were so into the comic book US1? popcorn.gif

Yes. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Perhaps it's an untapped market. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very cool. The first time I've seen a computerized example-based grading system.

My main suggestion is to put all the "deal breakers" up top. You can spend alot of time looking for small abrasions or color spots, etc before you get to subscription crease, tape, and writing, which blow your grade.

Hey Brock - How about posting a large high-res scan of that avatar of yours? Wow. Who is she?

Sideways Big Mac

Brockley has some other ... interesting ... photos lurking on his webspace account. smirk.gif

Yes. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Perhaps it's an untapped market. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's my girlfriend, it was a thing her and her friend did for me. The guy that created E-Bigs also has a comic around the world where that US1 in question goes from place to place, when it was my turn, those are some of the photos I took, I also had a bud take it with him to a Packers game at Lambeau.

It was a small step to get her interested in comics, she liked Wanted alot, and she seemed interested in Witchblade but that's not a title I get, going to introduce her to Y The Last Man next.

Sideways Big Mac

My, my, my... now that is what I'd like to see when I get my morning cup of coffee...

altho' why I am looking at the rest of the picture is beyond me.

thumbsup2.gif

Sideways Big Mac

That's my girlfriend, it was a thing her and her friend did for me. The guy that created E-Bigs also has a comic around the world where that US1 in question goes from place to place, when it was my turn, those are some of the photos I took, I also had a bud take it with him to a Packers game at Lambeau.

It was a small step to get her interested in comics, she liked Wanted alot, and she seemed interested in Witchblade but that's not a title I get, going to introduce her to Y The Last Man next.

I need to cultivate a better set of female friends...

Sideways Big Mac

I need to cultivate a better set of female friends...

chances are you have a better shot at winning the lottery, yay.gif women like THAT are one in a million 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sideways Big Mac

Is your girlfriend proud that you show her off to all your comic book board friends??? 893whatthe.gif Personally, I wouldn't want to be with a girl who would allow me to post a pic like that. There's just something unnatural about that. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sideways Big Mac

Is your girlfriend proud that you show her off to all your comic book board friends??? 893whatthe.gif Personally, I wouldn't want to be with a girl who would allow me to post a pic like that. There's just something unnatural about that. confused-smiley-013.gif

she enjoys it, she is an exibitionist, I don't have to encourage her to do anything because she is usually gung-ho anyways. There is a limit I wouldn't be comfortable with such as hard core or even bottomless, so long as it's somewhat classy I don't mind, and it's not like she is a demon or anything, she works out almost everyday and is very proud of her body and I respect that thumbsup2.gif

Sideways Big Mac

she enjoys it, she is an exibitionist, I don't have to encourage her to do anything because she is usually gung-ho anyways. There is a limit I wouldn't be comfortable with such as hard core or even bottomless, so long as it's somewhat classy I don't mind, and it's not like she is a demon or anything, she works out almost everyday and is very proud of her body and I respect that thumbsup2.gif

hail.gif

As for me... I'm off to by a lottery ticket... sorry.gif