• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books that went to 2nd print with no reprint indication

25 posts in this topic

Howard The Duck #1 (1976) sold out immediately and was rushed to a reprint with no indication, probably a very common thing for the publishers to do in the 70's pre-SW #1

Howard The Duck #1 (1976) sold out immediately and was rushed to a reprint with no indication, probably a very common thing for the publishers to do in the 70's pre-SW #1

Have any documentation for this? I'd love to see it.

How about Red Sonja #9? There are 5/79 and 11/79 versions. I'm not sure how to tell the two apart, but CGC does differentiate the two. Check out the second post on this page.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9180285&fpart=3

Also, there were reprints of the Smurfs mini series printed by Marvel. 3 different printings. The first printings having a white Spidey head or barcode on the front cover (direct and newsstand) Lego back cover and different ads inside. Second printings have a white Spidey head on the front cover and a Jedi Arena ad on the back. The third printings have a black Spidey head on the front cover and a Parker Bros ad on the back cover. All have the same cover price and no mention of printings in the indicia. All were sold in three packs (except for newsstands) First two printings came in 1.59 priced bag. Third printing was priced as 1.69. Second printings were also available in two packs.

160791.jpg.40ebf1617a42aff3b2d0ca2cb3e8310e.jpg

160792.jpg.13022fac29734d2ccfd9cb47c3a8924c.jpg

160793.jpg.181796c1c4ab231157ef8821e1b7a5ab.jpg

160794.jpg.7a6eed768a311b60c83df66196a7047e.jpg

Have any documentation for this? I'd love to see it.

I read it in either a Stan Lee or Steve Gerber interview some years back, if I find it I'll share it

Transformers #1-3 (original mini-series from Marvel) were printed for 3 packs. The ads in #1 & 2 were the same as the ones that hit the newsstands (so can't be differentiated), but the #3 had a different back cover. The one in the three-pack had the same ad as #1 & #2 (with a black colored background) and the one that hit the newsstands/direct sales had a different ad (tan colored background). The odd part is the the #3 in the three-pack appears to have been printed one month earlier. So, which is the 2nd printing? Neither has 2nd printing written on the inside.