• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Slabs: Atomic Thundrbolt #1 CGC 3.5 & The Avenger #1 CGC 3.0

11 posts in this topic

Got 2 slabs for sale.neither book has been pressed, to my knowledge.Neither one has been dry cleaned, that much I'm sure of.

Dunno if either book has been pressed as I did not sub these books myself but both of the books certainly were not dry cleaned...as can be seen by looking at the rear cover images...so my guess on pressing would be a no.

I'll post up a few pics of each slab, within an hour or so of starting this thread.

Just shot the pics, but I'm going to eat dinner before I spend time messing with emailing the pics from my cell to my email address and then the Photobucket uploads....

Usual rules apply.

1st :takeit: wins.

NO HOS/Probation Members.

Buyer to add $10 for USPS Priority Shipping & Insurance,within the US, I'll cover the rest.

International buyers are welcome.Shipping to be determined at cost, via USPS 1st Class International w/E-Con delilvery confirmation.I'll cover the cost of USPS shipping insurance for international buyers.

I take every possible precaution when shipping raw or slabbed books.Board feedback and eBay feedback are in my sig line.

Payment via Paypal, to verified addresses only.

I'll accept returns, as long as you notify me via PM within 7 days getting the book.

Since the books are CGC graded, if a return is made, the buyer will be refunded the purchase price of the book (minus transaction & refund charge charged by Paypal)).

No refunds will be given on original shipping cost and I will not cover return shipping cost on third party graded books.

1st up:

Atomic Thunderbolt #1

$190

-CGC Universal 3.5

-Off White Pages

-1st Atomic Thunderbolt and Mr.Murdo

-Hypodermic Needle Panel

Slab has no defects.

GPA doesn't offer all that much on this book.Overstreet lists the book as 'scarce".

3 CGC graded copies are listed on eBay.

The Avenger #1

CGC Universal 3.0

$90

-Magazine Enterprises, 2-3/55

-A-1 #129 (#1)

-Cream to OW pages

-CGC # 0174320002

-ME 2-3/1955

The CGC case has a CRACK at the top of the back corner.

It is only a crack, no chip is out.The INNER WELL is not effected and the the book is still FIRMLY SEALED at all corners.

The crack is on the rear cover and since the book is still sealed so there's no need to reholder the book.

GPA data is useless on this book, with 1 sale back in 2008 at $850 or thereabouts in 9.0.It is listed at $60 in Overstreet at GD/VG.

Don't see any raw or graded copies of this book offered on eBay...... now, or within the past 30 days.

Photobucket just froze my desktop up, after I individually uploaded 9 pics.

I'll just be posting pics of the front covers of both of these books, for now.

If anyone is interested, I will post back cover pics and several others.

I shot a couple of the Avenger #1 case crack, which I can post up, as well.

If there's interest in seeing more pics, I can post them up. NO PROBLEM...just ask :)

AT1FC_zpsdszqq71p.jpg

WHAAA....?

No love or even any interest, for a superhoro oddball GA Nedor book with a "hypodermic needle panel" noted or a an Atomic Age nook with a timely, and a hilarious....Red Menace/anti-commie propaganda cover?

I can post up all the GPA data for these 2 books, and the other pics I shot.

Shot close 9 pics collectively, uploaded (emailed them to my desktop)....uploaded 2 pics onto Photo Bucket......I tried to do a "bulk upload" which was super slow and then, froze my desktop so I called it quits.

How the Hell all of you guys deal with the patience with Photo Buckery d-baggery is beyond me.

Then again, I may be asking too much (asked about OSPG + slabbing costs) which seems pretty fair for not all that common GA/AA.

I know that more esoteric books like these take a while to find buyers but not even a coupla "Nice Books" sorta posts.