• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel, where to start?

23 posts in this topic

Find the books with the covers you like and that you can afford. I personally wouldn't tell you to chase keys right off the bat. The hobby doesn't have to be that expensive to enjoy. :preach:

I believe we were collecting comics, not covers.

Good for you. Keep chasing those keys!

That was precisely the opposite of what I was trying to say: keys or not keys, it’s the stories that matter.

Find the books with the covers you like and that you can afford. I personally wouldn't tell you to chase keys right off the bat. The hobby doesn't have to be that expensive to enjoy. :preach:

I believe we were collecting comics, not covers.

Good for you. Keep chasing those keys!

That was precisely the opposite of what I was trying to say: keys or not keys, it’s the stories that matter.

I agree with you, Claudio. It's always about the story. That's what I'm looking for. Great stories and runs I can read and read over and over. :)

When I started collecting, since I was and I'm still no expert, I was pretty much buying the comics with the cover I liked the most.

However, since I want quality over quantity, buying comics with great stories is starting to be an essential part of my quest. :)