• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a little ebay/paypal rant

51 posts in this topic

So far every single UK, China, Japan, Germany, Singapore, and Canadian transaction has been flawless. So hopefully Dale can get this squared away with getting his book returned.

I am actually opening up my business shipping policy to ship to more international countries.

Having lived there and some experience after living Italy is a problem though only specific regions, which makes it problematic because I think blocks are for entire countries (if talking paypal).

So far every single UK, China, Japan, Germany, Singapore, and Canadian transaction has been flawless. So hopefully Dale can get this squared away with getting his book returned.

I am actually opening up my business shipping policy to ship to more international countries.

Having lived there and some experience after living Italy is a problem though only specific regions, which makes it problematic because I think blocks are for entire countries (if talking paypal).

Italy I do not ship to because of massive fraud in the customs department, and also Australia because of false claims opened.

Generally speaking anywhere in Europe is fine and Asia of the industrial free thinking societies.

GERMANY has been a blessing to add. They pay quick and I havent had a problem yet.

Fortunately, this time, eBay told the buyer to file a claim with Canada Post. I got to keep my money, because I'd shipped through GSP.

BINGO!

That's the terms of GSP, e-bay/Pitney Bowes is the shipper to Canada, seller is off the hook when it's verified at Kentucky.

So for that hefty fee plus whatever percentage they skim off the top of the GSP fees from PitneyBowes - e-bay not only fleeced your buyer but they also compel them to file a claim for something their partner failed to deliver properly.

The true bingo is that e-bay suppresses negative feedback coming to you when this customer they've chased away tries to neg you for the aggravation their service creates.

2c

The fleecing is pretty much the by country you chose to call home. Ebay is only complying with each country's duty. Ebay isn't profiting/fleecing, but rather upholding each country's fleecing of it's citizens. Pretty much more like that.

Nope. GSP fees far exceed what expected duty fees are (in Canada at least) when a tracked parcel comes through the traditional USPS/Canada Post system. The only service worse for unwarranted fees is UPS (couriers)

The fleecing is pretty much the by country you chose to call home. Ebay is only complying with each country's duty. Ebay isn't profiting/fleecing, but rather upholding each country's fleecing of it's citizens. Pretty much more like that.

Ebay isn't upholding the UK customs laws, it's flouting them and keeping the money.

Good to see that xenophobia is alive and well though.

Fortunately, this time, eBay told the buyer to file a claim with Canada Post. I got to keep my money, because I'd shipped through GSP.

BINGO!

That's the terms of GSP, e-bay/Pitney Bowes is the shipper to Canada, seller is off the hook when it's verified at Kentucky.

So for that hefty fee plus whatever percentage they skim off the top of the GSP fees from PitneyBowes - e-bay not only fleeced your buyer but they also compel them to file a claim for something their partner failed to deliver properly.

The true bingo is that e-bay suppresses negative feedback coming to you when this customer they've chased away tries to neg you for the aggravation their service creates.

2c

Nope. GSP fees far exceed what expected duty fees are (in Canada at least) when a tracked parcel comes through the traditional USPS/Canada Post system. The only service worse for unwarranted fees is UPS (couriers)

Yep, the complete opposite of what that chap said is the case.

GSP is all about eBay finding a new way to make more money for themselves and their shareholders. If in doubt as to why such things happen, follow the money.

It has absolutely nothing to do with each country's "fleecing" of its citizens. For some reason eBay / Pitney Bowes continues to charge phoney "customs fees" and get away with it. How, I don't understand, especially considering how much more vigilant British customs have become lately, even on goods that attract no VAT and duty, like err, um, comic books. It's about time I actually got round to contacting them regarding this.

And of course this is about eBay doing all the fleecing. Customs charges can only be levied when the goods arrive at the destination country, not at the point of transaction.

I've had a book returned to me, I sent it express to somewhere in Europe. Long time ago and I don't remember where. They were unable to deliver the package, I ended up refunding the buyer voluntarily as I was in the process of filing a lost article insurance claim. They would not pay me my claim as not enough time had passed. Return shipping is surface by boat, even though I sent it express ??? . It took several months with no tracking but a real beat up box eventually showed up at my house.

I have had the same experience with Priority Mail International to somewhere in the Pac Rim ( a couple years ago) Shipped a 19lb box. Customer never picked it up and didn't even let me know that he did not get it. 4-5 months later I get a BEAT package back. Contact buyer and he said "Oh yeah, I forgot about that, went on vacation, can you send it back, etc." Sent it back to him, once he confirmed he would not be going on vacation again.

Dont trust foreigners

Particularly those Mericans

or frostbacks or 'roids :sumo: