• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you help identify these statues ?

12 posts in this topic

Bought these in a lot of statues and toys. I think it's strange to not have any stickers or markings for these 3 so I thought maybe someone would recognize them. YES they are

Spiderman just curious from what year or make maybe!!

About a foot tall.

c4PhfBV.jpg

About 8 inches tall

cWqRI0G.jpg

Crouching but the base is as large as the first statue

FDxCupl.jpg

Red and blue suit?

Superman, definately Superman.

Ok really...

The first one was produced for tie in to the Spider-Man (Toby) movies (based on the costume design). Not sure which one. Factory X had the statue license for the first movie. Not sure if they held it for all three movies.

The second and third look like they were kits. Well painted, but kits maybe.

Nice collection. (thumbs u

What I meat by 'import knock-offs' was going by some of the over-spray I noticed. Right or wrong I always think "Mexico" whenever I see it.

It's easy enough for street vendors to re-cast a statue or kit-figure as Chalkware-type figurines, with quickly airbrushed detail colors (resulting in over-spray).

Whatever yours are made of they certainly display well enough. :)

Nice collection. (thumbs u

What I meat by 'import knock-offs' was going by some of the over-spray I noticed. Right or wrong I always think "Mexico" whenever I see it.

It's easy enough for street vendors to re-cast a statue or kit-figure as Chalkware-type figurines, with quickly airbrushed detail colors (resulting in over-spray).

Whatever yours are made of they certainly display well enough. :)

Ahh those Mexican knock offs!! Maybe we should put a wall up!!! hm

lolhm

Actually there are some very expensive statues out of Brazil with the same style paint. It's just a technique I suppose.

Typically dry-brushing and dark washes are used to pull out detail. That technique uses Black to airbrush in shading. Quick hits in the right places.

Make sense? You can really see the technique in this figure. Collar bone, solar plexes, stomach muscles and where the foot touched the base.

cWqRI0G.jpg