• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restoration Reversal?

28 posts in this topic

Wish I scanned it...got rid of it today to cover another purchase...wasn't pretty though..will ask for scans and post if I get them
I'm just curious now because I thought it looked like an 8.0 with a clean and a press. There was no indication about CT the the PGM thread. Sometimes the scrapes can be unsightly.

Hello im, new to the boards. I am a professional specialized Conservation technical Assistant in another field of Art Conservation. Most of my work comes through MY Lab in Santa Barbara. Interesting question because my job as a conservation team member is exactly that: reversal of restorations. It's labor intensive and exciting at the same time. It's like bulling off a bloody bandage and you see where the real damage is. And you better know what to do with once you see the real damage. Any trained monkey with half a brain can undo work done. But what most people don.t realize is where they go from there. do you really want to unwrap that bloody bandage so to speak with the knowledge to how to treat the new condition. someone wise once told me "half knowledge is dangerous" and that is the cancer that is ruining it for all of us. IMHO