• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

99 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 97 1.5 (beat but complete; cover attached top staple; cf attached; d-stamp fc; water damage spine & heavy chipping + chunks out fc; no rust no smells) $75.00 SOLD

ST-97-fc_zpsk1pg3nhc.jpg

ST-97-bc_zps6yycmglx.jpg

Glamorous Romances 55 copy B is no longer available for sale

wise decision, it's a beaut

These are among the toughest to have let go. The cover of the 53 is the purest white I have ever seen on a book, and the painted covers of this era, for which sadly so many of the artists are unknown for certain, are outstanding examples of the genre.

Seriously sweet date stamp! :D

I have never seen a date stamp that also gives the issue number, and I have never seen a date stamp with that font before. That's really cool.

....man I am a nerd.

Superman 68 3.5 (cb sub crse + ncb sub fold fc caps grade; otherwise only light spine & edge wear; sm chip br crnr fc; 1/2" tear top edge bc; v light tanning interior & of course blinding colours lol ) $125.00 SOLD

Supes-68-fc_zpsm1xz6edz.jpg

Supes-68-bc_zps81vh7kyh.jpg

I have never seen a date stamp that also gives the issue number, and I have never seen a date stamp with that font before. That's really cool.

....man I am a nerd.

(thumbs u You are a nerd...but you are righteous...

Thor 140 9.0 (formerly CGC 9.2 W label included; sm staple tears & faint 1/2" cb crse near top staple gave me pause; also soft br crnr fc) $50.00 SOLD

Thor-140-fc_zpslj9z4pgh.jpg

Thor-140-bc_zpsqxkhyaee.jpg

Thor 215 9.2 (lovely copy; sm partial cb crse br-crnr fc; sm ncb spine stress top fc; v v light edge wear; just shy of 9.4) $15.00 SOLD

Thor-215-fc_zpsxtpny4kd.jpg

Thor-215-bc_zpsitmhwfgo.jpg

I love this cover. My family was taking the train from Oregon back to Minnesota, in whatever year this was published, to visit grandparents. My brother got off the train somewhere (South Dakota?), and came back with this issue! The cover has since been ever emblazoned in my brain. :D

Thor 203 9.6 (formerly CGC 9.6 ow/w label incl; v light spine & top staple stress; v light edge wear; light foxing bc) $30.00

:takeit:

^^ Many thanks Bill, its appreciated

....man I am a nerd.

(thumbs u You are a nerd...but you are righteous...

And in good company, too! :headbang:

I love this cover. My family was taking the train from Oregon back to Minnesota, in whatever year this was published, to visit grandparents. My brother got off the train somewhere (South Dakota?), and came back with this issue! The cover has since been ever emblazoned in my brain. :D

Its these kind of memories, the sometimes perfect confluence of places, events, people and the books that makes me chase date stamps with certain issues...

This is May 1967 cover date...so I'm guessing sometime in February it would have hit the stands? Does that sound right?

Its these kind of memories, the sometimes perfect confluence of places, events, people and the books that makes me chase date stamps with certain issues...

This is May 1967 cover date...so I'm guessing sometime in February it would have hit the stands? Does that sound right?

I'm pretty sure we would have been traveling in the summer sometime. However, it wasn't unusual to find 2-3 issues of a given title still in the same spinner rack back then.

Weird Wonder Tales 1 8.5 (presents much better but a bit too much cb stress and wear btm spine; sm crnr impact top spine; otherwise very light edge wear only) Claimed

WWT-1-fc_zpsdpoxrnwi.jpg

WWT-1-bc_zpsantxorid.jpg

Well that will be it for me this evening, back tomorrow with more and in a few days there will be slabs too.

That WWT above is a childhood favourite book, read and reread it to death (that OO copy is long gone) the above is now an undercopy and easier to let go.

Many thanks to everyone who stopped by and my especial gratitude to those who made purchases. :)