• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some interesting items coming up for auction

68 posts in this topic

so is there any reason to bid on a book at any time other than the last minute on sites like comicconnect and comiclink lol? just seems like bad strategy to bid when the books have a week left before close

On ComicLink, I like to bid early so I have a record of the hammer prices in my bid list for books whose prices I'm tracking. Getting in early allows me to place low bids on books I'm not actually intending to buy -- unless somehow the low bid holds up!

I guess the only the other reason to bid early is to go through the listings when you have time to think it through. Then you have the books lined up to snipe when the auction closes. Although, of course, CC has that stoppage time clock reset approach that's pretty annoying.

What do you mean by the stoppage clock reset? This is my first time bidding on a CC auction.

You can't snipe a CC auction. If a bid comes in during the last three minutes, they reset the clock to three minutes. If another bid comes in, they reset the clock again. The auction doesn't end until no bid has been received for three minutes.

Oh wow I didn't realize that. Good to know though. Do 5 figure books receive a lot of activity in the last few minutes like that or is it usually a gradual uptick over the course of the auction? I remember that Tec 27 shot up at the end on heritage recently but wasn't sure if that was the norm (two people putting in huge bids right at the end)

Oh wow I didn't realize that. Good to know though. Do 5 figure books receive a lot of activity in the last few minutes like that or is it usually a gradual uptick over the course of the auction? I remember that Tec 27 shot up at the end on heritage recently but wasn't sure if that was the norm (two people putting in huge bids right at the end)

For most decent books, yes but Lo of the action is at the end.