• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record high for a CGC SS ASM 31 8.0 WP.... & the Stan Lee sig didn't kill it.

3 posts in this topic

About half a year ago, I picked up an ASM 31 cgc ss 8.0 white pages.

Posted it at around 10% above last cgc ss 8.0....which had cream to OW,pages...os something lesser.

Nobody on the board wanted it, because of the sig.

Tried eBay, at slightly more.....had the sale locked but I dropped the ball and didnt invoice him fast enough.

Finally swapped it to a store owner I trade with regularly, told him I wanted 600 in trade.

He priced it at $800 and it sold, along with a copper cgc 9.8 key ......he got full sticker on the sale of the pair....or 10% below sticker, if that much.

Obviously, since it was a LCS, the sale won't show up in GPA.

I also am posting this BC I remember RMA stating he got boned with his eBay auction of a Thor 165 cgc ss 8.5 or 9.0- ish.

Looks like waiting for the guy who just wants the book...it took 3 months or so for him to sell the book....or going the Heritage/Comic Connect are the better options than anything else, for books like this.