• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How rare is Venom Vol 2 #1 (2011)?

30 posts in this topic

The census is not an accurate indicator of what exists. The census only tells us what has been slabbed. It tells us, in very broad terms, what might exist, but it is like having a 1,000 piece puzzle: the census is generally about 10-100 pieces of that puzzle.

Good point, do you know where to get data on the various print runs of a single issue like this? ...for free? ;)

Not "print run", but:

Monthly sales data for comics comes from comic book distributors who serve comics shops in North America. These figures come in two varieties: Preorders, for information before February 2003, and Final Orders, for information from February 2003 and later.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Very nice! I'm loving the accurate qualifier!

:applause:

The census is not an accurate indicator of what exists. The census only tells us what has been slabbed. It tells us, in very broad terms, what might exist, but it is like having a 1,000 piece puzzle: the census is generally about 10-100 pieces of that puzzle.

So...it sounds like the Census is an accurate indicator of what exists that has been slabbed.

Why, yes!

If you're looking for rarity, I'm most interested in finding out the #'s on the following variants:

2nd Print:

detail.jpg

3rd Print:

detail.jpg

Siquera 1:15 Variant:

detail.jpg

Quesada 1:50 Sketch Variant:

detail.jpg

Also do you guy think this is going to be the modern Venom that sees a bump form the movie, and not ASM 654 (Death of Marla Jameson. Flash Thompson becomes Venom. Scorpion and Spider-Slayer Appearances), 654.1 (Venom (Flash Thompson) Solo Story. Flag Smasher Appearance.) or even Venom Flashpoint #1 (Reprints ASM 654, Venom 1, ASM 654.1)

Good point, do you know where to get data on the various print runs of a single issue like this? ...for free? ;)

Not "print run", but:

Monthly sales data for comics comes from comic book distributors who serve comics shops in North America. These figures come in two varieties: Preorders, for information before February 2003, and Final Orders, for information from February 2003 and later.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Very nice! I'm loving the accurate qualifier!

:applause:

Yes, I didn't want to get scolded. doh!

If you're looking for rarity, I'm most interested in finding out the #'s on the following variants:

You can possible lookup the later printings by yourself on comichron.

The variants are only a guess as the true numbers are never released.

2nd Print:

detail.jpg

3rd Print:

detail.jpg

Siquera 1:15 Variant:

detail.jpg

Quesada 1:50 Sketch Variant:

detail.jpg

Sweet!!!! :cloud9:

You can possible lookup the later printings by yourself on comichron.

The variants are only a guess as the true numbers are never released.

Oh sorry, ygogolak I didn't mean "hey do this for me!"

I see it now re-reading it how it comes off, I just meant what'll be interesting is seeing the variant and later print #'s.

also I forgot one

$_57.JPG