• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool Suggestions

17 posts in this topic

I'm needing a little help from the Deadpool fans on this board.

I'm wanting to get some Deadpool trade paperbacks/graphic novels for a friend of mine. He's been out of comics for a long, long time, but went to see the Deadpool movie and loved it.

My problem is I know practically nothing about the best storylines/books as Deadpool isn't really my cup of tea.

Which books do you recommend for someone who loved the movie? Thanks.

Cable and deadpool got me back into comics

The series

My buddy loved Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe or whatever it's called.

+1

Not his most jovial self, but still a lot of fun!

I'd also recommend Deadpool Vs. Carnage but that was just a fun read...not a very well written story.

Also if you are going to read the Way run, only read the first 10 issues. They go down hill real quick.

Really? That's when I stopped collecting. Thought it would at least pick up a bit....

Also if you are going to read the Way run, only read the first 10 issues. They go down hill real quick.

Really? That's when I stopped collecting. Thought it would at least pick up a bit....

He just turned it into a joke every panel and just made deadpool look really goofy and kinda stupid. imo

I feel like every Deadpool series goes downhill quick. His humor and approach is the exact same with every issue, so I think it always gets tired after the novelty of "new" wears off.

Now; one shots, minis and cross-overs are usually pretty good for the opposite reason. It is easier for him to stay fresh with new people to use the same jokes on or in small bursts.

Uncanny X-factor is an example of a good book where Deadpool is a good addition to the team because he can spread his nonsense around to multiple members.