• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Currency exchange at Cons

25 posts in this topic

Any bank in Canada will exchange US dollars (bills) for Canadian currency factoring in the current exchange rate minus a small fee. Save yourself any headaches and get Canadian currency if you are going to a Canadian con.

Come to my booth and I'll take your USD at close to market (Booth 824) Say hi too!

You have any Superman Unchained variants??

I still need a few to complete my set

No variants :sorry: I think we do have a nice set though of like 1-20 of the regular covers. Come say hi regardless though!

I had my first customer from U.S. come to my booth last week at a local con. He brought a few dollar bin books and he asked me if I would take $5 in one dollar bills. I had my iPad with me to check the exchange. Told him $4.00 is the equal and made off with 50 cents in my pocket. He accepted that happily.

I'll save these Greenbucks for my future U.S. Trip. lol

Canadian dealers often take the value of the book in USD and multiply by the going exchange rate.

Back to the OP's point, if the book is worth $75 USD, expect to see it listed for about $105 at a Canadian con.

no one is making an extra 33% off of you, and dealers would expect to be paid in $CAD