• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best "based off a comic" movie or TV show theme song!

13 posts in this topic

I know almost everyone is like to pick John Williams' Superman score or Danny Elfman's Batman theme but what else was good?

I'd say other iconic themes would be from The Incredible Hulk show during the 70s, Spider-Man's classic cartoon theme, and the 90s X-Men theme.

Nowadays, the X-Men movie themes are pretty good as well as the theme to Netflix's Daredevil.

I'm not as big a fan as some people of the film but the Flash Gordon by Queen is pretty iconic,

It's a stretch to cal The Transformers as from comics (I've seen people put that forth, not sure I agree), but as a kid that You Got the Touch is memorable.

I think Paul Leonard Morgan's score to Dredd is the most underrated hero theme right now. It's truly pulse pounding as the judge searches for justice. It's truly part of the movie as RoboCop's was in '87.

Conan The Barbarian's was the same deal by Basil Poledouris in '82.

I've always been a fan of Elfman, who also did fine work in the original Flash TV show, Spider-Man 2 and MiB.

Now, Hans Zimmer's work (with James Newton Howard) was monumental for funny book movies in The Dark Knight trilogy. Even seperated, you tell the difference when Zimmer worked on Man of Steel and Howard's earlier understated score in Unbreakable. Together they are powerhouse theme makers.