• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why were the Teen Titans' hot?

39 posts in this topic

That's not really bad, is it? That's a great issue to have.

I'll say it again the winner paid 125 X 9.2 guide, and really the NM price was the same 2 years ago. For a not known to be rare modern comic book. There are only 2 moderns I can think of that should fetch that cash. Albedo 2 and MM Gold Variant 1. Those two would actually sell for significantly more in 9.8.

I would not speculate on the Terminator getting any more popular than he is now. I think some are looking for the next Wolverine. Sell em if you got em. I have two copies bought off the rack, but they would probably get 8.0. I am keeping them.

I'll say it again the winner paid 125 X 9.2 guide, and really the NM price was the same 2 years ago. For a not known to be rare modern comic book. There are only 2 moderns I can think of that should fetch that cash. Albedo 2 and MM Gold Variant 1. Those two would actually sell for significantly more in 9.8.

I was looking at the fact that you paid $75 for a book in 9.8 that you really wanted. If you looked hard enough, I'm, sure you could probably find it for cheaper, but I don't think too much.

I read the series on and off over the years, but as many have said, the Judas Contract storyline was the pinnacle. cloud9.gif

I always like Raven. She had that dark, bad girl, send you into a spiraling quagmire of insanity thing going for her...

TEEN TITANS have been on a rollercoaster ride for ever. I'd say right now they are among the top comic characters because of the cartoons. Seems they are popular with the little kids right now according to my little nephews and nieces. They watch them all the time.

But it seems the TEEN TITANS have either been very popular or rock bottom. Doesn't seem to me they ever level out. Its either top or bottom with TT's. No in-between.

There's lots of good Titans info & pics of all the covers here - TEEN TITANS GALLERY

I also am a longtime Titans collector, and I echo many of the recommendations given in this thread so far. The early Titans stuff (1980-1985) is fantastic. It got a bit wonky after that.

I'm also into Titans original art. You gotta buy something after you run out of issues to chase. Here's a few pics I have hosted already...

Teen Titans V.2 #1/2 Page 3 & 4

teentitanshalf2.jpg

teentitanshalf3.jpg

Titans #6 Pg 4 & 5

titans.jpg

Titans #26 Pg 6 & 7

titans-26-06.jpg

titans-26-07.jpg

Titans #27 Pg 13

titans-27-13.jpg

NTT V.1 #3 Pg 3 Color Guide

ntt_v1_3_3.jpg

Splash Page ColorGd from an unknown issue

splash.jpg

cloud9.gif

Hello Guys & gals.

I must get a copy of the new teen titans to have a look at. Sounds like a good fun read.

I only own one Teen titan book and I have not even read it. Must get a reader copy of this one to...

835462-TeenTitans19.4.jpg

835462-TeenTitans19.4.jpg.5ddd95d08920e32138f564b9584f315e.jpg

I remember coming up with a trade for NTT #1. I think it was worth around 20.00 and I lived in a small town and did not know of a comic shop in the area. A friend had one and I traded a bunch of books to get it.

It was hard to beleive that it was right up there with X-Men for a few years.

Wolfman/Perez vs. Clairmont/Byrne