• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #9 trimmed? condition?

5 posts in this topic

I am looking at this X-men #9 on eBay. The seller feels it is a 9.2/: 9.4 and it looks good but the resolution of the scans he sent me are too low. I can see a small right corner edge flaw. My main concern is that I am wondering if it has been trimmed. I have seen other X-men with the comics code box so close to the right edge but this seems to be questionable. The seller is reputable and was kind enough to call me to answer questions. What do you think?

Front

This is the actual auction :

X-men 9

He also sent me the back cover which appeared to be off center and has some minor flaws. I am leaning to a 9.0 because of the back and the flaw in the right hand corner - that is, of course, if it is not trimmed.

Tomega

Tom, Difficult to tell for sure because of the "glaucoma-vision" image. From the perspective of the front cover alone, based on the poor scan, the best I could say about the possibility of trim is "50/50", however, the back cover shows no evidence of "after-production" trimming. THIS does not rule out just the edge of the FRONT COVER alone being trimmed, which IS still a possibility, but without a better scan, too difficult to be sure of. My overall impression based on the materials given is that it is just a poorly produced factory cut.

Right now, for an ungraded book, I think I'll pass. I might see if the seller will let me take a look since he lives 10 minutes away from me. I really not sure on the trimming, but I am starting to lean towards it being trimmed since I compare it with several of my own X-men 9's.

Thanks for the responses,

Tom