• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Mag #3 is heating up

112 posts in this topic

Wern't you ebowing Marty out of the way at the newstand getting them when they came out?

I have a feeling that Marty would have been older and bigger 'n me back then, and so would his elbows as well...:wink:

Its mine now. I got $100 back in ebay bucks too. I like tough books. This one has been on my radar for some time.

Congrats!

Thanks

Repeating the congrats -- it's a nice book, and Gary D. is just one of the best dealers/tighter graders you will find. :)

Thank you. I got high hopes for a higher grade from CGC than Gary. Should look nice in the slab too.

Its mine now. I got $100 back in ebay bucks too. I like tough books. This one has been on my radar for some time.

Congrats!

Thanks

Repeating the congrats -- it's a nice book, and Gary D. is just one of the best dealers/tighter graders you will find. :)

Thank you. I got high hopes for a higher grade from CGC than Gary. Should look nice in the slab too.

I bet it will!

Anyone have an idea what a raw 8.5 or 9.0 would get at auction these days?

Ohh boy, that would go for a lot of change! I would love to see one in a Ha auction with the right couple of bidders out dueling each other into the thousands!

Agreed, Gary is a top notch seller -- and he's had some really great PCH books as of late!

He's certainly acquired more decent PCH than any other seller on the Bay recently.

it was gary that i got the big snake tales of horror from a few months ago. another tuff one.

Ohh boy, that would go for a lot of change! I would love to see one in a Ha auction with the right couple of bidders out dueling each other into the thousands!

Just curious. I don't see a lot of data on high grades of 3.

I owned a near complete run of the series back in the 1990's. My copy of #3 was 8.5/9.0 for which I paid $25.00 at the SDCC.

I sold my set to a friend who completed it and still has my old #3 in it. I told him a year ago it was up there in value but not sure how high.

As high as that NM Phantom Stranger #1 (1950s) went for last year in a Heritage auction? That one went for $25K as I recall. I was shocked by that result.

Here's my old copy - double cover. I think I sold it at the Chicago Con around 5-6 years ago. Inside cover wasn't much better than the outside...

TMIH3FC.jpg

Very neat, Gary! Reminds me of seeing a double cover fight against crime 20 in Chicago about 2004 or so. I think Jamie graham had it for sale but don't recall the price at the time. :)

Just curious. I don't see a lot of data on high grades of 3.

I owned a near complete run of the series back in the 1990's. My copy of #3 was 8.5/9.0 for which I paid $25.00 at the SDCC.

I sold my set to a friend who completed it and still has my old #3 in it. I told him a year ago it was up there in value but not sure how high.

Can you give me your friends number, ha!

Congrats!

Thanks

3.5, maybe 4.0 if I know Gary - let us know won't you ?

Here's my old copy - double cover. I think I sold it at the Chicago Con around 5-6 years ago. Inside cover wasn't much better than the outside...

TMIH3FC.jpg

TMIH3FC.jpg

That's wild Gary. I bought a double copy from Bud Plant at San Diego many years ago. I know it wasn't the Windy or your copy. So there are at least 2 double copies out there. As I remember the top cover was detached but the bottom cover was about 75% attached. Like you, wish I kept it...