• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Mag #3 is heating up

112 posts in this topic

Ah, Man From Planet X syndrome.

Yep also hard to find. Alas, mine has a taped spine...

commanfromplanetx_zpsr6077xbg.jpg

Mine has a reinforced spine - almost impossible to find without spine splitting.

That issue may not exist in high grade. I question if it ever did actually. I'd best most/all left the printers with split spines.

with all the interest in this Mag 3, I scanned a copy of my ebay win of this book. Hey Fifties did I bid

against you on this lot. You should be able to read it the auction is from 6/20/04. The old fun days on ebay!

That is so cool!

Bedrock has a higher grade of the Man from Planet X, does he?

Crowley copy. The spine is split about 3/4 of the way, from just under the top staple to almost the bottom. It had to be that way right off the stands because the book otherwise looks unread...

fawcettmovie15fc.jpg

fawcettmovie15bc.jpg

Crowley copy. The spine is split about 3/4 of the way, from just under the top staple to almost the bottom. It had to be that way right off the stands because the book otherwise looks unread...

fawcettmovie15fc.jpg

fawcettmovie15bc.jpg

Nonetheless, that's a gorgeous (unrestored) copy, Richard... :applause:

with all the interest in this Mag 3, I scanned a copy of my ebay win of this book. Hey Fifties did I bid

against you on this lot. You should be able to read it the auction is from 6/20/04. The old fun days on ebay!

I wouldn't be surprised, although by that time I prolly had the other three books, so wouldn't have bid that high. I was used to $20-$30 prices for TMIH reader copies.

Here are two of my run of WOF;

15moahg.jpg

2v8sdah.jpg

In the same category as this book although I think TMIH 3 is a bit tougher.

WorldsOfFear2_zpsbf8920c7.jpg

Yup, WOF #2 and TMIH #3 are both super tough. I can't believe what that TMIH #3 is now bid up to and still over 12 hours to go. I'll have to think about selling mine -- I think it's probably nicer than the one on eBay right now, but not by a whole lot.

In the same category as this book although I think TMIH 3 is a bit tougher.

WorldsOfFear2_zpsbf8920c7.jpg

Yup, WOF #2 and TMIH #3 are both super tough. I can't believe what that TMIH #3 is now bid up to and still over 12 hours to go. I'll have to think about selling mine -- I think it's probably nicer than the one on eBay right now, but not by a whole lot.

Well, I could always use another one..mwwhaahaa

fawcettmovie15fc.jpg

fawcettmovie15bc.jpg

Any reason why the books would have split spines?

Problem with the covers production?

Seems like an odd defect.

FYI, you need to get the original Colorforms Electron figure to make a swingin' set.