• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Mag #3 is heating up

112 posts in this topic

Its mine now. I got $100 back in ebay bucks too. I like tough books. This one has been on my radar for some time.

Congrats!

Thanks

Repeating the congrats -- it's a nice book, and Gary D. is just one of the best dealers/tighter graders you will find. :)

Thank you. I got high hopes for a higher grade from CGC than Gary. Should look nice in the slab too.

3.5, maybe 4.0 if I know Gary - let us know won't you ?

Sure will. Got it just today and sending it out today as well.

Just like to note that I totally see what everyone is saying about the frailty of the spine. It's true in the discription that Gary stated the spine was split up to the bottom staple, but it's rather apparent that within the center, there is yet another slight split. My biggest concern to date is that whoever verifies this book at Cgc don't wing open this book because I can see the potential for disaster with this submission. I'm hoping they know about the notoriously poor cover stock and its desire to want to self destruct.

Just like to note that I totally see what everyone is saying about the frailty of the spine. It's true in the discription that Gary stated the spine was split up to the bottom staple, but it's rather apparent that within the center, there is yet another slight split. My biggest concern to date is that whoever verifies this book at Cgc don't wing open this book because I can see the potential for disaster with this submission. I'm hoping they know about the notoriously poor cover stock and its desire to want to self destruct.

They certainly should know, but you might slap a post-it onto the mylar saying "FRAGILE SPINE" or the like. That's a risk with books like this notorious for fragile spines -- anything could happen in shipping, or SCS too. I'm sure they'll support the spine in the holder as best they can.

My guess is that they are pretty sensitive to this issue in general because they must handle a lot of books with fragile spines or with covers that are just barely attached. I suppose, though, that you could put a note on the bag flagging how particularly fragile the spine is on this issue. Although the bag is removed before the book gets to the initial grader, perhaps the message will get passed along. hm

I did think about a post it note, but then didn't do it. I just took a big gulp shipped it off as secure as I could. I'm second guessing myself now :facepalm:

I wouldn't worry about it. My guess is that you will be fine. (thumbs u

I don't even like to be in the presence of mine. A hard breath might blow over and split the spine. I scanned it carefully once and been put up ever since. Crazy hobby we do! Pay good money and afraid to even touch it.

I did think about a post it note, but then didn't do it. I just took a big gulp shipped it off as secure as I could. I'm second guessing myself now :facepalm:

Indeed! Hey, if you feel like it just send customer service an email. Can't hurt. :)

I don't even like to be in the presence of mine. A hard breath might blow over and split the spine. I scanned it carefully once and been put up ever since. Crazy hobby we do! Pay good money and afraid to even touch it.

lol, that's me with a number of my books (not all!)

Indeed! Hey, if you feel like it just send customer service an email. Can't hurt. :)

I think I will give them a heads up to ease my mind. Good idea

You bet! Just ping them "hey, my order XXXX that's coming in..." etc. :)

You bet! Just ping them "hey, my order XXXX that's coming in..." etc. :)

I often wonder how qualified you must be to verify books at Cgc, cause a book such as this is no typical book and it's way to easy for something to go bad. I was nervous handling it today. I'd be crazy not to call ahead. Thanks again