• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Wolverine #1 (Vol 2, 1988)

6 posts in this topic

I bought 3 of these during the #1 craze in the late 1980's, this is one of them and I'm thinking of getting it graded. Any idea what they would grade at? Taking the picture was the first time I even opened the book. Thanks!

2dm845d.jpg

flx7bc.jpg

24w4ifa.jpg

I don't see any defects that would keep it from being a 9.8, but the pictures aren't really clear enough to be sure of that grade. High res scans would help. I see a little roughness on the lower part of the edge of the back cover, but that might be manufacturing related. If the corners are sharp and there are no color-breaking spin tics, you probably have a good shot at 9.8.

Thanks, I will use a better camera going forward. Don't have a high res scanner at home. Not sure if that corner is a printing issue or from being stored in a poly bag for 25 years. :)

I wish CGC accepted onsite submissions at DragonCon in Atlanta so I didn't have to worry about shipping!