• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best reprint of batman #1 to buy

11 posts in this topic

What's the best reprint of batman #1 to buy? I am looking for one that might retain some value into the future, but also have some of the charm of the original batman #1. I know Batman #1 is way out of my price range, but I'd love to own the story, read it, and possibly have a comic that might grow in value as the years pass and the original Batman #1 becomes father out of reach for most collectors.

I prefer Famous First Edition F-5. Love the large size printed on newsprint.

+1

The Millennium Edition is okay, but lacks that newsprint odour and feel.

Since you're looking for one that may retain or even gain in value, I would get a copy of the Famous First Edition, but I would get it in hardcover with the dust jacket. That is an exact reprint of Batman 1, except for the size, and rare enough that it should retain value going forward. Not only that, but since it is over 40 years old by now, it's newsprint pages evoke the feel of an original Batman 1.

The Batman #1 reprint closest in appearance to the original is the reprint included in the Batman Masterpiece Edition. There's also a Superman and Wonder Woman Masterpiece Edition box set with reprints of the #1 issues as well.

RioojRiwWa.jpg

Since you're looking for one that may retain or even gain in value, I would get a copy of the Famous First Edition, but I would get it in hardcover with the dust jacket. That is an exact reprint of Batman 1, except for the size, and rare enough that it should retain value going forward. Not only that, but since it is over 40 years old by now, it's newsprint pages evoke the feel of an original Batman 1.

Do you own a copy of this book in hardcover with dust jacket? I've heard of it before, but never seen one or had the opportunity to buy one.

The Batman #1 reprint closest in appearance to the original is the reprint included in the Batman Masterpiece Edition. There's also a Superman and Wonder Woman Masterpiece Edition box set with reprints of the #1 issues as well.

RioojRiwWa.jpg

I agree. I own a masterpiece set and it is stunning. :headbang:

RioojRiwWa.jpg

I agree. I own a masterpiece set and it is stunning. :headbang:

Looks nice!

If you're going to buy a Masterpiece reprint, I would advise you not to get it signed by Stan Lee.