• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SALE CLOSED Thanks to all ! More stuff from the Junk Pile Part Two...

48 posts in this topic

Well, I didn't get finished last week so I got a few more to put up today. Same as last week. Classic covers, keys, a few premiums and weird items and just cool comics. Have fun!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. Other stuff will have postage listed some more some less.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. I will probably run this through tomorrow evening and get invoices out on Monday or Tuesday.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

SOLD!

First one up is a cool one!

Flying Cadet V2#7 (#17) Oct 1944 This one features one of just a few bare breasted women on the cover of a GA comic. Nice WWII stories with some photos.

Has a few small chips at bottom and base of spine. Tiny tear at top by the "F" in the title. about 1/4" and very neat. No other creases, tears or pieces missing. Flat and nice. Spine is smooth with cover and centerfold bound well to book. Some tanning inside covers but supple.Interior pages are cream but no tears or creasing.

WAS $70.00 / NOW $65.00

flyingcadet1_zps5lvwdabu.jpg

flyingcadet2_zpsmlgeseyg.jpg

SOLD!

Here is an un-recognized classic!

Crime Detector #5 Sept. 1954 This is a pretty good crime comic on it's own. Full of violence and a gun toting babe. But...what makes this even cooler is the wild Jay Disbrow horror story at the end. It featured a full splash panel of a discusting monster at the end. Very wild story.

A very nice copy. Has some minor indentations and light wear. Tiny bump tear at top of spine. No tears or major creases. Spine is tight and smooth with cover and centerfold bound well to book. Interior pages are off white and supple.

$65.00

crimedector1_zpsitw4g2jo.jpg

crimedector2_zpsqqebowgm.jpg

crimedector3_zpspijqzgll.jpg

SOLD!

Here's one you don't see every day...

What if they Call Me Chicken?a 1970 anti-drug giveaway published by the Kiwanis Club warning kids the dangers of dope. A 16 page self cover giveaway comic with wild content.

Book is a little faded. Has a light "subscription" crease in the center that does not break color. No tears or creases and tight with supple paper. I guess the kid was like me and didn't read it much...

$40.00

chicken1_zpstsyswtyr.jpg

chicken2_zpspmcola9j.jpg

First premium of the day...

LONE RANGER 1941 Luminous Blackout Kit. Complete with manual, 2 Lone Ranger patches, Pledge of Allegiance and Lone Ranger illustrated headband. Also has many extra un-used pieces of paper to make other items. I just tried it and it still glows well. Excellent condition and scarce.

WAS $75.00 / NOW $65.00

lonerangerblackoutkit_zps53jiuytl.jpg

Back to comics:

Teen Age Diary Secrets #5 1949 St. John Pubs. Features a great photo cover with the title "I gave boys the Green Light" Hubba Hubba! Has what looks like Matt Baker art inside but I'm not positive. Hard to get oversize book.

A little sad. Has a lot of water damage. Staples are rusty, has a small piece out of bottom of cover and a bit of staining. Upper left corner is rounded and abraded with about a 1" split. Cover and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is decent though and supple.

WAS $35.00 / NOW $30.00

diarysecrets1_zpsgsqzrdx2.jpg

diarysecrets2_zpswfmi9m3g.jpg

SOLD!

A cool DC key...

Superman #100 Sept-Oct 1955 Landmark issue with covers to #1,25,50 and 75 shown on front cover. Nice Wayne Boring art inside.

A bright, clean, tight copy. Has some very light spine rubbing and wear. A few minor creases on tips of covers and right edge. A small neat 1/2" upper spine tear. Light general wear. Covers and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white, slightly yellowed, clean pages.

$300.00

superman100a_zpsj5j2ue9i.jpg

superman100b_zpsoexmk1dk.jpg

Photobucket is acting up... back in a minute

Does Photobucket ever NOT act up lol ...... actually, I've found that there is a window of time from about 3 in the morning to about quarter after 3 in the morning when it seems to work properly..... but at my age I have trouble staying up past 11.......... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Oooooh, here's one of my favorites that just doesn't get enough love...

This Magazine is Haunted #13 Oct 1953 Outstanding headless guy cover. Nice gory content like we all love. George Evans art too.

This one has a small 1" square chunk out of the bottom right corner. Back cover has a small 1" x 1/2" piece out of top left corner. Has a lot of small wrinkles and light creases. Usual poor 1953 Fawcett production value has produced a centerfold side that sticks out a little causing some small tears. Book and centerfold well attached to covers though. Slightly yellowed interior. Nice color strike on this copy. Arrival date on the back cover for those who like them. A decent copy though.

WAS $75. / NOW $65.00

maghaunted1_zpsa4fxowr4.jpg

maghaunted2_zpsff0sesbf.jpg

OK, premium time again...

CAPT. MIDNIGHT 1957 Manual and working Decoder Badge. Manual has a light crease in middle otherwise excellent. Badge is missing red tip and plastic pin on back otherwise, clean and bright finish. Hard to find together. From the end of the Ovaltine era.

WAS $75.00 / NOW $70.00

captmidnight1957a_zpsekrmcjjx.jpg

captmidnight1957b_zpsu9mijajj.jpg

Annother brutal cover...

War Adventures #9 Oct 1952 Check out the gook with the broken neck! The marines is smoking a cigarette while mowing down the bad guys.

A flat, bright glossy copy. Has a lower right 2" cover crease that barely breaks color. Some very small, light edge creases. No tears or pieces missing. Cover and center fold are tight to book. Nice, slightly yellowed pages with no tears or creases.

$35.00

waradvs1_zpso8th5ugc.jpg

waradvs2_zpsgvogciql.jpg

SOLD!

Weird time again...

Blue Circle #3 Sept 1944 Funny Hitler as an octopus cover. Has oddball superhero stories. An odd book for sure.

This is a newstand return copy with the title cut off. A copy of the cover is included if you want to try and fix it up.Upper right corner is rounded and a little chipped. Some tale on the spine. Not pretty but a good filler until you want to pony up for a nicer copy like I did.

$25.00

bluecircle1_zpsiygnzyxh.jpg

bluecircle2_zpssaepcz6z.jpg

Some more pre-code horror...

Out of the Night #2 April-May 1952 Cool mummy cover. Great Al Williamson interior story. One of the better ACG's

Very glossy, bright, clean copy. Spine is neatly taped full length with magic tape. Very light water stain on back cover and inside front cover.No tears or creases. Flat, with smooth, tight spine. Book and centerfold well attached. Clean, slightly yellowed interior pages.

WAS $60.00 / NOW $50.00

outofnight2a_zpsbo5oyrsj.jpg

outofnight2b_zpswxemektj.jpg