• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SALE CLOSED Thanks to all ! More stuff from the Junk Pile Part Two...

48 posts in this topic

OK, how 'bout some Jungle Boogie?

Jungle Comics #77 May 1946 One of my favorite Friction House bondage covers!

A very bright copy for this publisher. Nice color which is paramount for me on these. Has a tiny bump tear at top of spine. A couple of 2" corner creases in upper right corner, as well as a couple longer creases that do not break color. Very slight spine roll probably from the printing plant. No other tears and no missing pieces. Tight, smooth spine well attached is centerfold to book. Pages are yellowed but fresh with slight bend to the top of the first few pages. A nice displaying copy.

$50.00

jungle77a_zpspeavniar.jpg

jungle77b_zpsbbbjlqba.jpg

:takeit:

She's all yours TopNotch. Thanks for the purchase!

SOLD!

Here's one you don't see every day...

What if they Call Me Chicken?a 1970 anti-drug giveaway published by the Kiwanis Club warning kids the dangers of dope. A 16 page self cover giveaway comic with wild content.

Book is a little faded. Has a light "subscription" crease in the center that does not break color. No tears or creases and tight with supple paper. I guess the kid was like me and didn't read it much...

$40.00

chicken1_zpstsyswtyr.jpg

Mom looks more likely to indulge than Junior! Great cover!

Strange Fantasy #5 April 1953 Crazy Farrell horror book with Skull on cover. Burning alive, hand ripped off, a guy being swallowed up in a grave. This one's got it all. No wonder Wertham got so worked up, but I love this stuff!

A worn but solid copy. Has some ink scribbling on cover. A few small pieces of magci tape on spine. A couple small edge tears and light spine wear. A bit of wrinkling. Cover and centerfold are well attached and interior paper looks pretty white.

$35.00

strangefantasy1_zpsdkv2jdqi.jpg

strangefantasy2_zpsj5ojan08.jpg

You got it TopNotch (at reduced price even though you bought it yesterday and I missed it)

Wonder Woman #31 Sept-Oct 1948 These are not around much these days and she is a real sleeper if I do say so myself.

This is a bright, complete copy with lottsa wear. Cover is neatly detached from book. Got some spine wear as you can see. There is a neat 1/2" tear on right side. A couple small chips. Centerfold well attached. Interior paper is nice, off white and supple. A decent reader and it's a GA Wonder Woman!

As is...$60.00

wonderwoman31a_zpst4az1fp9.jpg

wonderwoman31b_zpskdngzpbe.jpg

You got it TopNotch (at reduced price even though you bought it yesterday and I missed it)

First one up is a cool one!

Flying Cadet V2#7 (#17) Oct 1944 This one features one of just a few bare breasted women on the cover of a GA comic. Nice WWII stories with some photos.

Has a few small chips at bottom and base of spine. Tiny tear at top by the "F" in the title. about 1/4" and very neat. No other creases, tears or pieces missing. Flat and nice. Spine is smooth with cover and centerfold bound well to book. Some tanning inside covers but supple.Interior pages are cream but no tears or creasing.

WAS $70.00 / NOW $65.00

flyingcadet1_zps5lvwdabu.jpg

flyingcadet2_zpsmlgeseyg.jpg

Since it appears that no one wanted this, :takeit:

First one up is a cool one!

Flying Cadet V2#7 (#17) Oct 1944 This one features one of just a few bare breasted women on the cover of a GA comic. Nice WWII stories with some photos.

Has a few small chips at bottom and base of spine. Tiny tear at top by the "F" in the title. about 1/4" and very neat. No other creases, tears or pieces missing. Flat and nice. Spine is smooth with cover and centerfold bound well to book. Some tanning inside covers but supple.Interior pages are cream but no tears or creasing.

WAS $70.00 / NOW $65.00

flyingcadet1_zps5lvwdabu.jpg

flyingcadet2_zpsmlgeseyg.jpg

Since it appears that no one wanted this, :takeit:

Thanks EBE it's all yours!

Weird time again...

Blue Circle #3 Sept 1944 Funny Hitler as an octopus cover. Has oddball superhero stories. An odd book for sure.

This is a newstand return copy with the title cut off. A copy of the cover is included if you want to try and fix it up.Upper right corner is rounded and a little chipped. Some tale on the spine. Not pretty but a good filler until you want to pony up for a nicer copy like I did.

$25.00

bluecircle1_zpsiygnzyxh.jpg

bluecircle2_zpssaepcz6z.jpg

Thanks TopNotch I guess you get to kick Hitler now!

This one contains a great Maureen Marine story (the third episode, I believe). Would love to find the first one!