• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC

13 posts in this topic

The only way to check the status online is if you submitted through CGC directly using your Collectors Society membership. Just go to the CS homepage.

If you used an outside online submission (i.e. Heritage, Comiclink, etc.) then there is no way to check online. the best thing to do is to call their customer service number and ask.

After you have joined the CS, you will be able to access the login on the CS homepage. Just go to the Comics tab and click "Submit My Comics."

Then just follow the steps.

760216-cgcsubmit.JPG

760216-cgcsubmit.JPG.a7fe617014b54850401d29e0fe941fe1.JPG

i sent a few comics to be CGC'ed and was wondering if there was any way to check their status online?

You can call them up and get an update. More than likely it will change, but they will at least give you a ballpark.

So if you go to order status after they finish grading your books, will you be able to see the grades before you receive your books back ?
You won't be able to see your grades.

However, if you have your invoice number you can look up the grades using the cert lookup. 00XXXXXX001 The XX's being the invoice number. The 001 at the end is the first book in on the invoice, 002 the second, 003 the third, and so on.

Have you joined the Collectors Society? By paying the $99 for a membership.

yes

I don't know then. I printed screen of what I see on the CS homepage. Anyway, that is how you would submit directly to CGC, without discount.

Quick Points:

1) Join the Collectors Society (which I believe you did)

2) Submit the three express coupon books directly from the CS site. Then you can view your order status online.

3) For any other submissions, you should go to a website like Heritage or Metro that offers a 20% discount.

4) Keep a copy of your invoice. By looking at the Certificate Lookup part on the CS site, once your books are in their database you can see the grades prior to receiving the books back from them.