• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm a newbie that needs tips

56 posts in this topic

I'm new to collecting and looking for hobby looking to start off my collection with spending 550 bucks to get it started the only super hero I'm into hevy is batman but I'm doing this more of a investment so looking for comics that isn't selling at their all time high at the moment I know the deal yeah if people knew the ones that was gonn spike everyone would buy them but I'm just looking for tips on what to buy. I may buy batman 121 because I grew up with mr freeze as my fav villain.

People have to me to buy up dr strange due to the movie is that reasonable?

No. Only buy She-Hulk #1. The She-Hulk movie is going to be awesome.

Not sure if you are being serious or not lol

This is the first time I've you seen you post correctly. Below a post instead of on top of a thread.

I'm new to collecting and looking for hobby looking to start off my collection with spending 550 bucks to get it started the only super hero I'm into hevy is batman but I'm doing this more of a investment so looking for comics that isn't selling at their all time high at the moment I know the deal yeah if people knew the ones that was gonn spike everyone would buy them but I'm just looking for tips on what to buy. I may buy batman 121 because I grew up with mr freeze as my fav villain.

Buy what makes you happy. Go with Mr Freeze (thumbs u

Not sure what I was thinking.

This is the first time I've you seen you post correctly. Below a post instead of on top of a thread.

+1

:lol:

What?

^^

Always buy what makes you happy. If that books goes up in value over time, then that's the proverbial icing on the cake. But you can't eat the cake or even lick the icing... Because selling a book that makes you happy only makes you sad.

Such is life.

Yah - 1st app in 121 and a "re-christening" from "Mr Zero" to "Mr Freeze" in Tec 373.

If he's your #1 fav character - then that is where I would be spending my coin if I were you.

You won't get pristine copies in your budget, but should be able to source a book that presents well!

Good luck!

well idk $550 isn't really enough $$ to play the investment game in comics. Yeah you could buy any number of books and make a few bucks down the road but not much most likely for $550 down unless you get real lucky.

I would say if you buy neal adams batmans in high grade you will enjoy the quality of the books and find when it comes to resale you really can't be hurt as long as you don't overpay too much. In the event you wind up paying more than you should these books are always in demand and should easily be worth more than you paid 10 years down the road.

I would recommend getting a GPA subscription for at least a month if you are thinking about buying CGC books. Its the most accurate way to determine their market value as it tracks auction sales. If you are buying raw books just go to the selling forums here they are you best to be treated fairly on these books - good luck and happy collecting.