• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

civil war II #0? variant value

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, looking for some opinions and help!

1) I am trying to preorder the upcoming marvel civil war II - but confused about which is the first issue. There is civil war II #0 and #1 being released at the same time according to my local comic book store. It seems #1 is the first issue of the series with tons of variants etc.. but #0 is also there? what is civil war II #0? why would marvel release a #0 instead of just starting at #1?

2) I have the opportunity to secure the 1:200 Steve McNiven sketch variant for civil war II #1 for $100 right now. Do you guys think that's a good buy?

thank you

I don't see a lot of chatter about this upcoming storyline. Looks like it was put together in just a few months in order to capitalize on the movie coming out.

Kinda sounds like an interesting philosophical conflict echoing "Minority Report" (precrime prevention vs free will) but it also sounds like it'll get in it's share of current social hot-button issues too. I really hope they don't make this another convoluted storyarc like last year's Secret Wars.

There'll also be a FCBD issue of CWII that comes on May 7th before #0 too, so actually CWII#1 will be "Part 3". :grin:

And $100 for a pre-order variant does sound steep.

I don't see a lot of chatter about this upcoming storyline. Looks like it was put together in just a few months in order to capitalize on the movie coming out.

Kinda sounds like an interesting philosophical conflict echoing "Minority Report" (precrime prevention vs free will) but it also sounds like it'll get in it's share of current social hot-button issues too. I really hope they don't make this another convoluted storyarc like last year's Secret Wars.

There'll also be a FCBD issue of CWII that comes on May 7th before #0 too, so actually CWII#1 will be "Part 3". :grin:

This was announced years ago at NYCC 2014. It was supposed to come out as part of the whole redux of storylines along with Secret Wars, born out of the whole multiverse stuff from Spider-Verse. It got delayed.

http://nerdist.com/marvel-teases-the-return-of-civil-war-to-comics-in-2015/

For a 1:100, sure, but not for a 1:200.

1:200 ain't awful at $100

If you're a completionist and you're pretty sure you're getting a 9.8, it seems reasonable. It also mightt depend on how the cover looks or who the artist is, or who is on the cover....If you're speculating....you probably get a better return pre-buying harley quinn comics or something.

1:200 ain't awful at $100

If you're a completionist and you're pretty sure you're getting a 9.8, it seems reasonable. It also mightt depend on how the cover looks or who the artist is, or who is on the cover....If you're speculating....you probably get a better return pre-buying harley quinn comics or something.

nope