• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to buy a scanner to scan slabs. Recommendation Please?

15 posts in this topic

So I wanted to buy a scanner to scan slabs that would fit a slab, but also scan it clearly. I purchased the Mustek A3 1200S and when I scan the slabs come out a little blurred, especially on the text at the top. I think I am going to return it. Can anyone recommend a decent scanner for under $200.00?

I tried searching for old threads, but I only saw some from many years ago. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

So I wanted to buy a scanner to scan slabs that would fit a slab, but also scan it clearly. I purchased the Mustek A3 1200S and when I scan the slabs come out a little blurred, especially on the text at the top. I think I am going to return it. Can anyone recommend a decent scanner for under $200.00?

I tried searching for old threads, but I only saw some from many years ago. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Mustek A3 1200S as well. it works GREAT for anything flat on the surface, but as you have experienced you can't scan anything like a slab.

Here is a scan of some art I did using the Mustek A3 1200S:

Detective%20880_zpsuvuymszu.jpg

The HP8300 may test your price but it seems to be a better scanner then my old 8250. I do have the old HP8250 that you can have if you want to pay for shipping (it's heavy). The scanner may need some tinkering with to get it producing crystal clear scans but you are welcome to it.