• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Night Nurse 1 (+questions about it)

9 posts in this topic

Bargain-bin Find O'The-Week: Night Nurse 1

Questions:

Are the bottom wrinkles through the book pressable? (it doesn't look like water-damage, i.e. no water-lines, maybe just poorly stored?)

If so, how much grade-wise could pressing improve it?

And is that red distributor ink at the bottom or something else?

Thanks in advance :cool:

WD_127_2nd_F_NMNM0003_zpssarsambp.jpg

WD_127_2nd_F_NMNM0004_zpsfekvq2cu.jpg

DSC07747_zpsiw4u7vlu.jpg

DSC07743_zpsdhcjhrfw.jpg

DSC07749_zpsyhvwi4h3.jpg

DSC07744_zpsvtxs31br.jpg

DSC07745_zpscsfu7xov.jpg

DSC07746_zpstzpxnql2.jpg

I like the book but don't know enough about it. The little bit of eBay items I looked didn't help much as none had the red stain.ink issue. I'm half inclined to think it was a cherry Slurpee or Koolaid accident. I was trying to see if there were other examples of a production red ink issue based on what you theorized.

Unless you are planning to sell it, not sure I would bother pressing or getting it graded. Even if selling it, would you recoup what you pay for the Clean/Press/grading? You could flip it as a raw probably though. The red stains kind of sink the idea and it won't help the spine but would be good to clean the back and press out the waviness.

As it sits now, I see it as a 4.0/4.5 on a good day. A decent keeper/hole filler/reader copy.

Well it was bargain-find so no matter what, I got more than my $4 out of it! :cool:

Was just hoping to see if it could be pressed to make it lay better. Not looking to flip it, it's the first NN I've ever seen so I'll keep it for the PC.

Just wanted it less wrinkly. ;)