• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about fingerprints

9 posts in this topic

I thought I would just pop a note in here regarding a call I had with CGC regarding grader's notes for a particular book. One of the notes did specifically mention fingerprints seen on the back cover. So, if nothing else, I can tell you that CGC notes them and that it will affect their grades.

I will mention that this book also has an all black cover, so it may be of far more importance here, than say on a book with a better use of color. thumbsup2.gif

It's been my experience that fingerprints are a negative, but you can remove them (for the most part, at least the oils) with a tissue or soft cloth before placing your book back into a Mylar Snug. I've had a few 9.6 books I asked CGC staff about & they mentioned a few minor flaws, which were there, and one or two fingerprints on the back that were visible, which kept this gem I submitted from getting a possible 9.8. Wiping them off may scratch the gloss if soft material is not used I suppose. I like to read others, so I've got fingerprints all over my FN+ quality FF #12, and many others. Hope that helps! laugh.gif

All my comics are in NM except some have fingerprints only noticeable when out under lighting to examine. Otherwise you cant see them. Is there a way to remove them or prevent them in the future? How far does it bring your comic down? Thanks.

fingerprints = stains sumo.gif

anyone who tells you otherwise is givin' you the soft shoe 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Hmm so they are not THAT bad to have? Only knocks em donw a few points? I thought it would make a 9.6 a 7.6 or something. Man its hard not to get any on them when I read them especially the ones with black covers. Once they dry I guess there is no way to remove them. Was just wondering if I should replace the ones with fingerprints on them...