• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introductions Galore!

33 posts in this topic

Hi, new meber here just giving a brief introduction. (Feel free to throw all manner of rotten vegetables at me) My name is actually Lewis from Glasgow now living in Carlisle. I collect all any types of comics though my favourite/specials are Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Action Comics.

Sent off my first ever submissions to CGC a while ago and was very excited to find out they had recieved them so i'm now eagerly awaiting to see what grades they give them (especially my hopeful mint Darkchylde The Sketchbook)I will admit though i am far from an expert when it comes to grading. Knowing my luck with things it will come back a 5 or something like that *laughs* No i'm not THAT bad.

I have noticed that their turnaround time on the modern books has been delayed by two weeks frown.gif Ahh well i'm a patient fellar!

But anyways i just thought id let you all know who i am and hope you all wont kill me hehe Ta smile.gif (p.s Please say hi :P)

Cheers folks laugh.gif I was on the Megatokyo forums before i came to these ones and there are hostile as a panda that you nicked its bamboo from! Glad here here is friendlier laugh.gif

Cheers folks laugh.gif I was on the Megatokyo forums before i came to these ones and there are hostile as a panda that you nicked its bamboo from! Glad here here is friendlier laugh.gif

Dont worry.. we have our share of nasty panda bears too.. we all share the love of comics.. some more then others. So if a topic gets heated it can and does get ugly.... well if you stick around long enough.. you will see.

Dont take anything too personally and you will more then likely learn alot, really fast.

Check out the grading forums to see how people grade the posted comics and old grading contest threads by Nikos.

Look back though 100 pages of this forum if you have time. You will see it has all been said , and posted before.. but we seem to find new ways to put a new slant on most subjects.

There is a search feature to see if a topic has been ppsted already. But it can be hard to decipher.

Welcome .. good luck with your slabbed comics. Post what you get back if ya want.

Kenny

Ze-

We really need a Welcome Wagon "This is the CGC forum 101" brochure to pass out to new members. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Im on my easter break from University so ive got nothing better to do than read thorugh all the prevoius posts on the forum. *clicks frantically* laugh.gif

As one of my friends rightly said "It is one of the most pointless things on the planet to argue online, but that is topped by those offended by the arguments" hehe.

Iw ill try and scan a few of my Action Comics and Amazing Spider-mans later on so that you guys can hopefully give me a pre-grade bfroe i send them off to CGC. smile.gif Cheers again for the warm welcome, much apprieciated!

Don't get used to it . stooges.gif

Don't get used to it . stooges.gif

Yea, no doubt! Nice Kilt there chief!

Where's Wallace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif