• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printer ink on IH181? Seems to be somewhat common?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what caused black printer ink marks on copies of IH181? I noticed that a few on the boards had black printer ink either on the top front of the cover, or the very top edge where you can see page color. Haven't seen this on other comics, just IH181, so curious if there was any reason for this.

Have a picture?

Could be a few things causing it. Ink overflowing from the ink fountains, paper could be rubbing on a finger guard somewhere. Could even be distributor ink over spray. I'd have to see it an example.

I have seen a few hulk 181's with this defect. Who knows maybe the machine had a breakdown or a hiccup at one point in the print run.

Might just seem more common because every hulk 181 seems to find its way to auction or sale at some point while other issues of that era with problems like this just go unnoticed as the value would be so low.