• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade - JIM #83

50 posts in this topic

Regarding the label notes, usually interior defects (or even in some cases Marvel Chipping) is still on the labels.

Steve you are absolutely correct. just picked up the books at the post office and right under the name,number and date it says;

"large piece out margin last page".

i guess this would help to some extent in selling the book as you could tout it as 'looks like a 7.5 to 8.0 EXCEPT for the interior page defect" - "best 6.5 in existence"!!!!! acclaim.gif yada, yada, yada.................

I could sell it for a 7.5 price (I KNOW I COULD!) yay.gif

Regarding the label notes, usually interior defects (or even in some cases Marvel Chipping) is still on the labels.

Steve you are absolutely correct. just picked up the books at the post office and right under the name,number and date it says;

"large piece out margin last page".

i guess this would help to some extent in selling the book as you could tout it as 'looks like a 7.5 to 8.0 EXCEPT for the interior page defect" - "best 6.5 in existence"!!!!! acclaim.gif yada, yada, yada.................

I could sell it for a 7.5 price (I KNOW I COULD!) yay.gif

is that because of your superior salesmanship skills, or do you know someone who really, really, wants a nice looking copy????grin.gif

Burnt,

The $1,400 question: Will the JIM 83 ever be for sale, or is it a keeper?

27_laughing.gif the $1400 question........ 27_laughing.gif

i hear ya, but i'm gonna hang onto all my JIM's (got every single one) for a while. may even resub a couple that just look too nice not to have graded better. of course based on my recent track record - this could be quite the fools journey.....

that is, unless Diva can come up with a BONAFIDE big dollar buyer........ devil.gif

hear ya, but i'm gonna hang onto all my JIM's (got every single one) for a while. may even resub a couple that just look too nice not to have graded better. of course based on my recent track record - this could be quite the fools journey.....

Did you have any luck with the TTA resubmits (or anything else you resubmitted)?

And where are those DC's you should be getting back any day now.

i've still got virtually all of my original 1000 books left. i've only sold 18 books, so far. Big DC sale coming up this summer, though. grin.gif

hi.gif

BTW, I was going to say 6.5 but then I saw that you posted the result, so now everyone just has to trust me that I was right. 893applaud-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i've still got virtually all of my original 1000 books left. i've only sold 18 books, so far. Big DC sale coming up this summer, though. grin.gif

hi.gif

BTW, I was going to say 6.5 but then I saw that you posted the result, so now everyone just has to trust me that I was right. 893applaud-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

suuurrrrrrrrre, Mark insane.gifstooges.gif

hear ya, but i'm gonna hang onto all my JIM's (got every single one) for a while. may even resub a couple that just look too nice not to have graded better. of course based on my recent track record - this could be quite the fools journey.....

Did you have any luck with the TTA resubmits (or anything else you resubmitted)?

And where are those DC's you should be getting back any day now.

didn't resubmit those TTA's - just not sure they're really any better than graded, but i'm still pondering the issue. i may well use my 3 free society subs to try and pick out 3 big books that might go a notch higher when given a second look.

the first returns on the DC's were a bunch of standards that judt did OK. all over 8.0 but not a lot of 9.0's. (these were the more expensive books).

the second batch of 30 is the cream of the crop and i'll either sink or swim with these books.

based on CGC's last posted turnarounds, they should have been SHIPPED yesterday or today, but somehow they haven't even been graded yet?!?!?!?! i think the new turnaround on econ's is gonna be closer to four full months when the next stats get posted........... frown.gif

i've got a lot of these scanned so i'll post some as guess-the-grades when i get them next week..................