• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap 100

10 posts in this topic

I sent this in and just got it back. Please let me know what you think it would grade, No restoration. After I get a few responses I will post the grade it received. Thanks. Lays flat. Looking at the back cover you would think it had spine roll but it doesn't have any indication of that in the way it lays.

6572B5AF-8989-4227-9849-70753D0EF17A_zpssfyrwgk7.jpg

9DA7564E-3D73-491E-87CC-72E9488B681B_zpsr2eboqvq.jpg

C361099E-3097-412C-9EE5-E3DE931DEEBD_zpsfrcsqwhe.jpg

F47938B6-BECB-4281-A4AD-85494044B0E5_zpsxumr0udj.jpg

Kav, this came back from CGC at 5.0!! I am baffled and plan on calling for graders notes tomorrow.

I am pretty new to submissions. Have you heard stories about books being mishandled and damage happening that causes them to grade it lower?

My experience so far seems a little bi-polar. Very very hard to pre-determine and I have 25 years experience as a dealer but just started slabbing some books here and there.

I would rip it out of that slab. Unless there is something wrong with the interior. You simply got a bad grade. This is better than any 5.0 I have seen. I have a ASM 4 that graded at a 5.0 It isn't in that slab anymore. Remember there grade is an opinion. Unless the notes prove different. There opinion on this book is simply wrong. IMHO

get the notes.

I had a Wolverine 1 slabbed, it looked to be a solid 9.4 (minus a little rippling on the top cover)

CGC graded figured it was staining/water damage and graded it 7.0

there might be some staining that you missed. I can't think of something else... because that doesn't look like a 5.0

There's stains all over that book.

Look at the edge about halfway down on the inner cover, to the left of “Just try For 7 Nights,” and the same spot on the right edge of the splash page. Look at the right edge of the open page in the next photo, as well as the spots between the pages and then on the left edge of the open pages. It’s on the back cover in the same location. Something spilled all over the right/open edge of the book, appears to go the whole way through.

When I look at the photos I see what you are saying. I have to say though it is not a noticeable thing to the naked eye holding the book. The paper feels the exact same as the rest of the book. No texture change or wrinkling as typical with that kind of stain through a book. I will get graders notes and find out.