• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I WAS BANNED ! ! !

340 posts in this topic

Ummm....not to be insensitive or anything...who cares? confused-smiley-013.gif

I do find it interesting that Hammer has free reign over there, but yet you got canned. popcorn.gif

Why should they ban Hammer? The only place where he usually goes off on people is in the unmoderated section that they have set up for flame wars so that the rest of the forum stays relatively clean. It's a great idea, actually, and it works well.

I do find it interesting that Hammer has free reign over there, but yet you got canned. popcorn.gif

Why should they ban Hammer? The only place where he usually goes off on people is in the unmoderated section that they have set up for flame wars so that the rest of the forum stays relatively clean. It's a great idea, actually, and it works well.

They can do whatever they want to with Hammer-I could care less. It's just amusing and ironic given the situation. Maybe Possum should've voiced his concerns in the "no holds barred" section of the forum.

They can do whatever they want to with Hammer-I could care less. It's just amusing and ironic given the situation. Maybe Possum should've voiced his concerns in the "no holds barred" section of the forum.

I think the decision to ban him was a little hasty. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ya it seems like Hammer is on his meds there, or off his steroids at least. This post by him I found fairly interesting - I mean I wouldn't go near the guy with a nickel, but what he has to say about the coinees establishing the graded comics market is technically true and scary if you consider all the corruption that went through that hobby. The quote is attached below..... I love how he begins that upon reflection he really though he had valid things to say, I guess once a FDQ always a .....

I noticed that I posted this amidst a flame war. I thought I had some valid points and would start a new thread with it so Daniel wouldn't miss my observations in the ensuing flames:

Just an observation. IF the reason is SECURITY alone, it's pretty damned silly for a BUSINESS, that is trying to ESTABLISH itself, NOT to give a STREET ADDRESS. Tens of millions of businesses across the country have SHOPS with street addresses, from jewelers with $100 million worth of inventory to Dunkin' Donuts, with $1000 worth of inventory at a given moment.

Businesses that WANT to thrive, WANT the public to KNOW where they are. They're PROUD of their facilities and WELCOME clients, even if a majority of their business is mail related.

Security issues?? Businesses have INSURANCE, and an ALARM SYSTEM. There's also safes, steel doors, lexan glass, and countless other security measures to ensure minimum possibility of a break in (and of course in that unlikely event, there's INSURANCE.

HOW many books could Daniel possibly have in his facilities at any given time, graded books always being in a state of flux. Coming in, going out.

$50,000 worth? $100,000 worth?? $1,000,000 worth?? In my estimation, the figure would be no more than $100,000 sitting there in the facilities at any given time BECAUSE he has a fast turnaround time, and for the EXPENSIVE books, you could buy an 8-hour fire safe. For $2500, you could pick up an 8 hour fire safe, approx. 3.5 feet high by 3 feet deep and 3 feet wide, with a combination SPIDER-lock and deadbolt keys weighing about 2500 pounds!! And if you're worried about someone walking off with it, they can be taken off the wheels and LAG-BOLTED THROUGH THE FLOOR or into the floor if concrete (basement). I've got one, and I was told to, "Never lose the keys or combination" because it would take one of THEIR technicians the entire day to open it up. It took SIX guys with pulleys and straps attached to TREES to get it IN the house. Editors Note: I wonder if this is where he keeps the exacto knife collection. I could imagine what it would be like trying to get it OUT. SO, if you're a grading service, worried about fire or theft, you put all the $500 and up books in the safe, where they'll be plenty of room for them on whatever metal shelving you choose to insert that come with the safe.

Now, here's the paradox. HOW does he accumulate $1,000,000 in books PER MONTH, to grade? HOW does he start to get collectors submitting books like AllStar 3s, Cap 1s, Marvel 1s, MORE AF15s, Spiderman 1s, etc., etc.? MORE EXPOSURE!!!!! For one, LET people visit his facility. SET UP at some major shows and do onsite grading, maybe even offering a FREE OPINION that doesn't involve slabbing, but just his expertise, to give those unfamiliar with him a chance to see HOW he views grading.

I seriously think that IF he had a STREET facility (or "corporate" office), with public access, and a KNOWN street address... someplace where submittors could actually MEET him... his business would jump 25% in the first MONTH after initiating those changes!! I think his service is valid. I think that he would experience a surge in business and interest because those that haven't reached a decision on him, one way or the other, would soon ALSO learn that his service AND opinions are valid and he is qualified to sit in judgement as a grading service.

Now, as I said before, and as Snooty has noted, Daniel DID NOT start with an overabundance of funding. THIS was always the biggest detriment to comic grading services in this hobby for 25 years. Anyone qualified to head a grading service was busy making himself FAR more money than he could ever imagine making as the head of a LEGITIMATE, UNBIASED, ETHICAL grading service (strange to say those words in the same sentence as "grading service" in light of Tubby's practices). Daniel probably did NOT come from a background of dealing $25,000 and up books routinely, so the grading service was a good venture for him as he wasn't "giving up" more money than he could possibly make dealing by going into grading. It took COIN DEALERS in this hobby to have the necessary funds to start a grading service. And why? To legitimize their OWN inventory, same as they did with their dealer owned coin grading services in the coin hobby. THESE guys had enough money to foot the bills for a grading service, because in the end, they reaped their money back ten-fold in FAVORABLE judgements by the guy they paid well enough to give up his dealership and be THEIR puppet in this grand scheme.

Daniel doesn't strike me as a puppet, but because of that, he's in the disadvantageous position of not being able to come close to matching CGC's buying power in advertising and all other matters of exposure. He's going to have to succeed by showing his validity. A facilities, even a small and humble facilities, and setting up at major shows would be a great step in the right direction AND yield dramatically positive results in my opinion

We have had several threads with proven "isolated incidents" regarding PGX. You can make all the claims you want all day long, but have some evidence to back up your claims.

He just rehashes the same charges we've all heard over and over again. He has nothing new to add.

In his first 3 days he had over 100 anti-PGX rants on STL. He insulted anyone that dared to disagree with him. The banning was deserved.

Who's oxbladder

BUG did his best to denigrate and bait Oxbladder, but only diminished himself.

Oxbladder is a nice guy... a real human being with feelings... not just some name on a computer monitor.

Oxbbladder used to be codfish on the boards. Ask redhook about him. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who's oxbladder

Oxbladder is a nice guy... a real human being with feelings... not just some name on a computer monitor.

Oxbbladder used to be codfish on the boards. Ask redhook about him. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He speaks .... 893whatthe.gif

Who's oxbladder

Yeah.... headbang.gif

Who's oxbladder

Yeah.... headbang.gif

HOLY [#@$%!!!]!!!!!

893whatthe.gif

I just noticed that you have almost 25,000 posts..... hail.gif

Who's oxbladder

Yeah.... headbang.gif

HOLY [#@$%!!!]!!!!!

893whatthe.gif

I just noticed that you have almost 25,000 posts..... hail.gif

screwy.gif

I just noticed that you have almost 25,000 posts.....

After 10,000 the post count increases exponentially.... makepoint.gif

Where's my Shazams? Christo_pull_hair.gif