• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Flash Comics 104

10 posts in this topic

Thanks for the comments....Interesting... I think with a clean and a press it'll go 8.0 but that's jmo.. I guess we'll see!!

I think with that done it could go 7.5 with the goldenage bump

Thanks for the comments....Interesting... I think with a clean and a press it'll go 8.0 but that's jmo.. I guess we'll see!!

Regarding the pressing, be careful when trying to remove that spine roll. The staples are right on the apex. Realigning the spine means moving the staples to the BC. I would definitely give this book to a top end professional. If you are not going to do the spine alignment I would not simply press it. A misaligned spine that has been flattened out will look worse and exagerate the spine roll even more.

Regarding the book, it looks great with nice White pages ! I'm thinking 6.5/7.0 as is. It looks very clean as is, doesn't look like it needs a cleaning. Personally I would leave it alone. It's a very desirable book as is. Good luck.

Regarding the pressing, be careful when trying to remove that spine roll. The staples are right on the apex. Realigning the spine means moving the staples to the BC. I would definitely give this book to a top end professional. If you are not going to do the spine alignment I would not simply press it. A misaligned spine that has been flattened out will look worse and exagerate the spine roll even more.

Regarding the book, it looks great with nice White pages ! I'm thinking 6.5/7.0 as is. It looks very clean as is, doesn't look like it needs a cleaning. Personally I would leave it alone. It's a very desirable book as is. Good luck.

Thanks.

This.

It may be a misfold, not a spine roll judging by the staple placement. I've seen some high grade GA books with fanned back pages but no roll, going back before pressing was in vogue. A pro would have to look at in hand to see if a pressing would help, but a very nice copy.