• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
8 8

1,325 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2022 at 3:45 AM, namisgr said:

Thanks!  I was a careful reader.  By the time these issues came out I was in college, and had learned to handle and read comics without damaging them.  It also helped that the source for my books at college was a news agency on campus, and instead of cramming the new books into spinner racks they used tiered wooden shelving for all their comics and magazines - much less damage, as in the spinners books had to be pawed/bent in order to see what was behind the front couple of copies.  Finally, I almost always bought them on Wednesday, the day they first appeared for sale.  Ultimately, the main source for edge wear and corner damage to my books came in the 1980s from shipping them by truck from Illinois to California and then four years later by moving van from California to Delaware, all in ziplock bags without backing boards loaded into cardboard boxes.

Here's another of them.

FF148sale.thumb.jpg.ede4b883c498d0696ef53acd87eff3e2.jpg

Great story - I always found it amazing how some books could stay in such nice shape before easy access to comic boards. You obviously knew what you were doing.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:32 PM, MR SigS said:

Beautiful! Awesome Frenz/Sinnott cover too:headbang:

Also OT, is there a long-buried Avengers thread, or is there just not enough Bronze-love for the title?

Yeah, hard to beat a Thing vs Hulk and Doom cover. Not sure why there are not a ton of these graded.

I'm not sure if there is an Avengers thread - if not, you should start one.