• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
8 8

1,324 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2023 at 1:16 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Just a great cover and great memories from this era. 

Same the 170-200 Era was when I first started to understand the interconnectedness of the Marvel universe. Being an kid living in a non urban area I didn't have access or money for a steady supply of comics so I had to be picky when i had my buying opportunities. These FF's were my favorites would grab them first when I saw em and read them to death trying to figure out what must of happened between the issues I missed. .  9_9

On 7/25/2023 at 7:51 PM, Morganmi said:

Same the 170-200 Era was when I first started to understand the interconnectedness of the Marvel universe. Being an kid living in a non urban area I didn't have access or money for a steady supply of comics so I had to be picky when i had my buying opportunities. These FF's were my favorites would grab them first when I saw em and read them to death trying to figure out what must of happened between the issues I missed. .  9_9

Same for me really, my OO collection runs from the mid/late 170's up through the early Byrne run. Such classics :cloud9:

@MattTheDuck awesome that you have so many of your books scanned. I can't keep up on this thread since it's a ton of work digging them out, editing a pic etc...

On 7/25/2023 at 5:28 PM, universal soldier said:

@MattTheDuck awesome that you have so many of your books scanned. I can't keep up on this thread since it's a ton of work digging them out, editing a pic etc...

About the time I joined here, there was a Silver Age FF thread posting a book per day, so I could keep up with that easily (I had none of my books scanned at that time).  I've spent many hours since then working through all my FFs and other major titles and try to scan books immediately when they arrive in the mail with hit-and-miss success. The real challenge is going to come when I run out of Silver and Bronze books and have only some of the newer stuff I've picked up in collections in the last couple of years. If they're not worth slabbing, I'm not sure they're worth scanning either :)

On 7/25/2023 at 8:25 PM, universal soldier said:

Same for me really, my OO collection runs from the mid/late 170's up through the early Byrne run. Such classics :cloud9:

Yea i don't have much of my OO comics left. I moved a lot and they took a real beating. Got a couple scanned though. The 216FantasticFour216.thumb.jpg.61931803d3483cd92e7e9b773277df30.jpg is probably was the last then we moved out of the country for a couple years years. Came back and started really collecting again with FF 249.

Fantastic Four #195.jpg

On 7/25/2023 at 8:41 PM, MattTheDuck said:

About the time I joined here, there was a Silver Age FF thread posting a book per day, so I could keep up with that easily (I had none of my books scanned at that time).  I've spent many hours since then working through all my FFs and other major titles and try to scan books immediately when they arrive in the mail with hit-and-miss success. The real challenge is going to come when I run out of Silver and Bronze books and have only some of the newer stuff I've picked up in collections in the last couple of years. If they're not worth slabbing, I'm not sure they're worth scanning either :)

That's dedication! I have a hard enough time staying on top of reading/bagging and boarding. I am in the process of converting all my old poly-p bags over to mylar but adding scanning would likely make me :ohnoez: 

On 7/25/2023 at 8:45 PM, Morganmi said:

Yea i don't have much of my OO comics left. I moved a lot and they took a real beating. Got a couple scanned though. The 216 is probably was the last then we moved out of the country for a couple years years. Came back and started really collecting again with FF 249.

I'm lucky to never have had to sell or move a great distance. Schleping 45+ long boxes last year 20 miles was hard enough. Lol, at least made me start the switch to short boxes.

Unlike everyone else who's been posting recently, I was starting to get kind of bored with the FF at this point in the series. The stories and art weren't doing it for me so much anymore, but I kept buying them. :shy:

This thread and the Silver Forum equivalent have been a great motivation for me to scan my books. (thumbsu

FF197.jpg

FF198.jpg

FF199.jpg