• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink question

17 posts in this topic

I was going to give them a call when I got out of work, but I thought I'd pose the question here first - a lot of knowledgeable people here. I won a few low grade slabs on auction & plan on putting them back up on their site (yes, I'm one of those despised flippers). Can I just have them hold on to them after paying for them & put them back into their auctions? I'd save a lot on shipping both ways.

Also, are there pros & cons to consider when deciding on Featured vs Focused auctions?

Thanks,

Mike

So in an open auction format, you were the top bidder? And your plan is to go ahead and have the same books auctioned in the same format, in the next series of auctions - this time as the seller, and providing a 10% commission to the auction house?

I don't see what can go wrong with this. Will you PM me your contact information? I have a little side fund just sitting there, and I think you and I could really make some money with this idea.

Although I don't know for certain, I would think they would have no problem keeping and relisting the books. Unless you have really nice books, I'd go with the focused. Mediocre books tend to get overlooked in the features, for my limited experience.

Although I don't know for certain, I would think they would have no problem keeping and relisting the books. Unless you have really nice books, I'd go with the focused. Mediocre books tend to get overlooked in the features, for my limited experience.

(thumbs u

So in an open auction format, you were the top bidder? And your plan is to go ahead and have the same books auctioned in the same format, in the next series of auctions - this time as the seller, and providing a 10% commission to the auction house?

I don't see what can go wrong with this. Will you PM me your contact information? I have a little side fund just sitting there, and I think you and I could really make some money with this idea.

I've done it on other auction sites with success. books sometimes fall thru a crevice at auction.

On last nights auction, there was a book that was at $91 with one minute left. I bid $201 because I wanted it but it turned the original bid was more. Book went for $211, but if I hadn't bid, it would have sold for $91. I suspect there are several books like this each session.

I've done it on other auction sites with success. books sometimes fall thru a crevice at auction.

On last nights auction, there was a book that was at $91 with one minute left. I bid $201 because I wanted it but it turned the original bid was more. Book went for $211, but if I hadn't bid, it would have sold for $91. I suspect there are several books like this each session.

I have no doubt it could work, given the right circumstances. It just doesn't seem like a very strong strategy.

Protected storage and insurance for comic books are their own industries. My guess is that Comiclink would need to get something for holding and protecting your books while you wait to find a buyer.

I have no doubt it could work, given the right circumstances. It just doesn't seem like a very strong strategy.

It takes a lot of research and knowledge. At the end of the day, if you are in it only for the money, you'd be better off driving a taxi.

One sale doesn't indicate a trend. When a book sells at one auction site for X, but another site for 1.5X, which way is the trend moving? If you pick up a semi-key SA book for 70% of GPA, chances are it's not the lead indicator of a trend.,

I was going to give them a call when I got out of work, but I thought I'd pose the question here first - a lot of knowledgeable people here. I won a few low grade slabs on auction & plan on putting them back up on their site (yes, I'm one of those despised flippers). Can I just have them hold on to them after paying for them & put them back into their auctions? I'd save a lot on shipping both ways.

Also, are there pros & cons to consider when deciding on Featured vs Focused auctions?

Thanks,

Mike

Remember, you will be working against your own last sale. Also, it will be easy to see what you are doing since it's all on the same site. Your purchase price will become a 'ceiling' plus you have to pay the Clink Vig. Your money will be tied up for months. Unless it's a highly desirable key that you lucked into a cheap price, I don't think it's worth the bother.

Yeah, even I have snagged a few things that were overlooked in their auctions just to relist them either back at Clink or somewhere else to much greater success. I did not win any of them but I was expecting at least one of those TEN copies of X-Men 94 to fall through the cracks at a way below guide / GPA price. I would have won one of them added it to the basket and offered it on eBay until it sold at the price I wanted for it.

OP call Clink and ask if you can just send in half your amount due. The balance you owe can be taken as an advance on the books going to another auction. You can enjoy not having to outlay the whole nut you owe and pay up the balance when the books sell.