• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's your Batman?

57 posts in this topic

I voted for Ben Affleck and The Batman Nolan TRILOGY.

I went for the reverse. Bale was great as Batman but the costume goes to BvS. No costume has been perfect however that's the closest to the comic books.

If we had to pick a worst than George Clooney and BATMAN & ROBIN 1997!

Without a doubt!

I'm surprised how well Keaton is doing. While he's very likeable he's nothing to my interpretation of Bruce Wayne.

Cinematic, especially towards a film's distinct tone. No one who watches "Birdman" or "Spotlight" doesn't wonder what Keaton could do with the role even now. ;)

Sentimental favorite: Adam West

Best overall: Christian Bale

Very honorable mention: Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton

Best costume: Affleck

I think Affleck could end up being the best if he does more movies. He kicked In BVS.

I'm surprised how well Keaton is doing. While he's very likeable he's nothing to my interpretation of Bruce Wayne.

MICHAEL KEATON has THE RULE OF 25 EFFECT going now.

That group of people who saw it young in 1989 are all growing up now!

MICHAEL KEATON was their Batman,similar to how Adam West was another generation`s Batman.

First, I'm no really a hardcore DC or Batman fan, I'm open to interpretations and have no sort of baseline that needs to be checked off to make me happy.

That said the best live action Batman is Affleck. That movie is flawed but Affleck brought it, and Batman is a badass in the way you have to believe he is to step to Superman.

The best Batman of all time, however, is animated Batman. Conroy. While don't need that aforementioned baseline, he's it. This is the Batman all others diverge from for me.

I'm surprised too!

I'm guessing you guys are a bit younger than many of us here. I think for many born in the 50's and 60's Keaton is Batman and Reeve is Superman. Old dogs and new tricks and all that.

There's no doubt Conroy had the perfect voice for Batman and despite it being an animated series, he will always be Batman to me.

For live action, Bale is my Batman. I grew up with reruns of the TV series but can't watch those now. I was 17 when Keaton hit the cinema... My idea of Batman had been ingrained from the comic books and was not what I saw on screen. I liked Bale's grittier take on Batman.

MICHAEL KEATON has THE RULE OF 25 EFFECT going now.

That group of people who saw it young in 1989 are all growing up now!

MICHAEL KEATON was their Batman,similar to how Adam West was another generation`s Batman.

Even though I haven't seen Affleck yet, I have always thought Keaton showed the most range. Basically, Batman is crazy to dress up as a "flying rodent", Keaton came off as just as unhinged, even a Bruce "Let's get NUTS!" He wasn't concerned with selling toys at the time, he was playing as real as possible in a crazy world. Bale was great in Batman Begins, but I always thought he stepped back in The Dark Knight for Gotham to take over (not to mention Heath Ledger). In Batman Returns when Keaton stepped back, it was through Keaton's eyes how these criminals were behaving and running amok.

Ben Affleck is tall, imposing, built like a brick house and really looks the part as Batman.

From what's been said about his performance as both Bruce Wayne and The Dark Knight, I have a suspicion that when I watch the Director's Cut he'll surpass Christian Bale as my favourite version.

I'm surprised too!

I'm guessing you guys are a bit younger than many of us here. I think for many born in the 50's and 60's Keaton is Batman and Reeve is Superman. Old dogs and new tricks and all that.

for a long time Keaton was Batman but that little hint of unhinged as NEG stated never sat well with me in his interpretation as Bruce Wayne.

I thought Bale did a great Bruce especially in Dark Knight Returns.

Ben Affleck for best Batman, but I have mixed feelings on the best suit.

Nolan's logic suit design based on a military protective vest was really cool. But I did notice in BvS Alfred was also putting finishing touches on a technical suit design that Affleck used. So both had advanced technology explaining Bruce's ability to withstand deadly hits while also enhancing his capabilities.