• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joker Revealed

95 posts in this topic

Bad idea

Really? My interest was piqued by the solicitation. Depends on where they take it. It's pretty clear that Batman is supposed to "know" who the Joker was, so I am guessing it is an established character. Makes it kinda interesting, especially if the Suicide Squad movie rumors are true.

If DC thinks merely saying something like 'Joker's name is Bob Magillacuddy!' will revitalize them they are sadly mistaken. They're pulling a boner.

If DC thinks merely saying something like 'Joker's name is Bob Magillacuddy!' will revitalize them they are sadly mistaken.

I take it you haven't been reading New 52 Batman?

jokers-true-identity-700x516.jpg

If DC thinks merely saying something like 'Joker's name is Bob Magillacuddy!' will revitalize them they are sadly mistaken.

DC needs revitalizing? Sales aren't great, but have they dropped? Batman has maintained, correct?

Marvel sales are about 13% higher but Batman is the top selling book (DKIII) and Batman (the actual series) is #3 behind Star Wars.

DC needs revitalizing? Sales aren't great, but have they dropped? Batman has maintained, correct?

They seem to think they need relaunches re-dos etc.

Agreed... it will have to be someone that is either familiar to the readers or ret-conned to be familiar to Batman.

I believe that we are looking at three different scenarios:

1 - The Joker is a mix of people. Many people 'become' the Joker and as one dies (like when Joker crashed in the helicopter at the end of Death in the Family" back in the 80's), somehow a new Joker takes the previous Joker's place.

2 - Maybe it is a cousin or a childhood friend, which I think would be a mistake.

3 - Shocker - Bruce Wayne. I kid you not. What if the Joker was some alternate reality Bruce Wayne thrust into our own timeline. Perhaps that is why we always say that Batman and Joker are two sides of the same coin.

They seem to think they need relaunches re-dos etc.

Well they are redoing the whole line at the moment. Going back to pre New-52. Action comics is going back to its original numbering because they are about 40 issues away from 1000. Superman is changing drastically.

Bad idea

Really? My interest was piqued by the solicitation. Depends on where they take it. It's pretty clear that Batman is supposed to "know" who the Joker was, so I am guessing it is an established character. Makes it kinda interesting, especially if the Suicide Squad movie rumors are true.

I agree that it's interesting, but rarely these things ever go good. I don't even follow DC at all, and I could care less about any other labels post 1998.

But this is indeed interesting, just that there will be fanboys disappointed no matter who they decide Joker is. Even then, they will create a billion parallel universes to please everyone.

Agreed... it will have to be someone that is either familiar to the readers or ret-conned to be familiar to Batman.

1 - The Joker is a mix of people. Many people 'become' the Joker and as one dies (like when Joker crashed in the helicopter at the end of Death in the Family" back in the 80's), somehow a new Joker takes the previous Joker's place.

2 - Maybe it is a cousin or a childhood friend, which I think would be a mistake.

3 - Shocker - Bruce Wayne. I kid you not. What if the Joker was some alternate reality Bruce Wayne thrust into our own timeline. Perhaps that is why we always say that Batman and Joker are two sides of the same coin.

Watch Bruce Timm's Batman Beyond Return of the Joker. One of the best takes on the Joker I've ever seen.

Watch Bruce Timm's Batman Beyond Return of the Joker. One of the best takes on the Joker I've ever seen.

Grayson IIRC...

Batman is a wimp. Can barely defeat a deranged clown with no powers whatsoever.

Yeah your biggest villain is some kinda mime-lookin dude.

Batman is a wimp. Can barely defeat a deranged clown with no powers whatsoever.

Yeah your biggest villain is some kinda mime-lookin dude.

I call wildly_fanciful_statement...

The same can be said of Batman but he can easily defeat most powered individuals.

Grayson IIRC...

No. Grayson is in it but it was Tim Drake. When he was kidnapped his DNA was rewritten to allow the Joker to come back as him.

Pretty sure Joker is Jor-El

If you switch the letters around and switch the l for the letter immediately preceding it you ge: JOKER