• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Panther #1 of new series sells 300,000 copies???

153 posts in this topic

From what I can find there's 5 or so store variants.

Even if each store did 10,000 copies (which they wouldn't come close to) =50,000

That leaves 250,000 ordered by stores? There's no way unless Marvel is giving double orders on the house. How many copies does a place like 2ndNCharles/BAM order? Is this counting some kind of Loot Crate situation? Something is amiss! lol

A multitude of variants spreads out the 300k

Im excited about this one and i told myself i was going to keep it basic but im already in for the regular cover and 5 variants!!!.....couldn't help myself but 300k seems extreme. Dark knight III and more recently power rangers #1 both had tons of variants and flooded the walls at my lcs and they were not 300k+ orders at all(iirc) if this is true then on april 6 my lcs should be wall papered with these.

There's a retailer incentive at 1000 books where they send a bottle of sex Panther

60% of the time, it's sent 100% of the time.

But totally worth it!!

Right?

Im excited about this one and i told myself i was going to keep it basic but im already in for the regular cover and 5 variants!!!.....couldn't help myself but 300k seems extreme. Dark knight III and more recently power rangers #1 both had tons of variants and flooded the walls at my lcs and they were not 300k+ orders at all(iirc) if this is true then on april 6 my lcs should be wall papered with these.

I love me some Black Panther. I even bought the original art for the Larry Stroman variant for this very issue. BUT 300,000 copies? Is that possible?

http://comicsheatingup.net/2016/03/21/black-panther-1-pre-sells-300000-copies/#more-13846

That number seems way too high to be possible...What am I missing here?

The writer is likely bringing some readers. Ta-Nehisi Coates is not your average first-time comic writer.

I love me some Black Panther. I even bought the original art for the Larry Stroman variant for this very issue. BUT 300,000 copies? Is that possible?

http://comicsheatingup.net/2016/03/21/black-panther-1-pre-sells-300000-copies/#more-13846

The writer is likely bringing some readers. Ta-Nehisi Coates is not your average first-time comic writer.

Bingo. He is a best selling writer and a bit of a celebrity writer. This is the kind of book that will be selling off the rack for the next year with people wandering in and asking for it who have not read a comic in perhaps ever. Left leaning intellectuals of all stripes will be buying the comic, giving it as a gift, etc.

If it is not terrible, the NY Times book section will write a long article praising it, etc. It might sell 100,000 copies just in Manhattan and go into a 25th print.

Affordable housing will be built out of laminated copies of BP #1 in the distant future.

Bingo. He is a best selling writer and a bit of a celebrity writer. This is the kind of book that will be selling off the rack for the next year with people wandering in and asking for it who have not read a comic in perhaps ever. Left leaning intellectuals of all stripes will be buying the comic, giving it as a gift, etc.

If it is not terrible, the NY Times book section will write a long article praising it, etc. It might sell 100,000 copies just in Manhattan and go into a 25th print.

Affordable housing will be built out of laminated copies of BP #1 in the distant future.

No.No.No.& No.

*Hope you're being sarcastic

There's a retailer incentive at 1000 books where they send a bottle of sex Panther

60% of the time, it's sent 100% of the time.

:roflmao:

Great movie, better line lol

It smells like Bigfoot's d*ck!!!