• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man: Dead No More

28 posts in this topic

With everything Marvel has been doing with Spider-Man recently, I am tempted to pick a point in my collection where I consider the story over. I haven't really enjoyed all of the events and changes the last few years.

I jumped off after One More Day. I tried some of the issues with the new status quo but it left me with too many questions and it just seemed like sloppy storytelling.

I think if you stop at 500, you never have to deal with Sins Past with the whole Gwen Stacy/Norman Osborn stuff. Plus, 500 is a nice round number. (thumbs u

With everything Marvel has been doing with Spider-Man recently, I am tempted to pick a point in my collection where I consider the story over. I haven't really enjoyed all of the events and changes the last few years.

I stopped buying at issue 700...

I stopped reading them after Gwen Gobby love fest...

I wish I would've stopped well before that spooning spoon!!!

I did that. ASM 301 :)

If this were a modern thread it would have been titled "SM - DNM" and the discussion would have already moved onto which variant covers everyone was loading up on.

2c

But since it's a CG thread, we can talk about how moderns suck

After nearly 50 years of reading and finally collecting Spider-man in all his titles I decided to end at 700, they really killed my hero at that point. At least Stephen Wacker was keeping Slott under control and I never gave him the credit. I'm also a firm believer that you should not take on a job as a fan, before I get all kinds of hate I just mean that we each have a different view of what we liked and I'm not a fan of Dan Slott! I know there was a dislike for JMS but at least he tried to give the character depth until like Ditko outside forces had their say.

I jumped off after One More Day. I tried some of the issues with the new status quo but it left me with too many questions and it just seemed like sloppy storytelling.

I think if you stop at 500, you never have to deal with Sins Past with the whole Gwen Stacy/Norman Osborn stuff. Plus, 500 is a nice round number. (thumbs u

That sounds like a great idea at this point

Bababooey I've worked it out that there is 41 issues to 800 not counting the point ones during the recent 18 issue run. I wonder do you have to count them as part of the set?

You're probably right, I was just guessing & trollling - I would count superior and the last two ASM volumes, I wouldn't count point ones for 700 or #1's, the Conway point ones or Renew your Vows.

Superior Spider-Man was a lot of fun. Unlike most of the old school fans, Slott's run is the most fun I've had with the character since I was a kid, circa the Hobgoblin stories, Death of Kraven, etc.

But this...this seems dumb.

Superior Spider-Man was a lot of fun. Unlike most of the old school fans, Slott's run is the most fun I've had with the character since I was a kid, circa the Hobgoblin stories, Death of Kraven, etc.

But this...this seems dumb.

Are you still reading it though? The "relaunch" has been garbage.

I've said it over in the modern forums, but I think Slott has the ability to write solid stories. We see it occasionally with the one off stories. They are sentimental and he clearly gets Peter.

What he doesn't get- maybe this is editorial- is how to write events. Everything has to one up the last one. Just look at the last few events leading up to 700 (Spider Island, Worlds End of whatever).

I did that. ASM 301 :)

No way! 300 was when I first started collecting as a kid and I love a lot of the 300 series storylines along with Web and Spectacular.

i did the same with x men. After issue 300 i gave up.