• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2023 at 5:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Or you could pretend it just comes down to ignoring these are bad movies.

Yes! That..right there. That's it. Well done, sir!

I admit when movies are compostable_fertilizer, regardless of the studio.

You'll never once see me defend Love and Thunder, or The Dark World, or Elektra, or Amazing Spider-Man 2, or Venom, or the last two X-Men movies.

But you have spent years defending - and promoting - not only Justice League (recall...you literally saw it in the theater and came on here and rated it better than BvS) and BvS, but also the Snyderverse as a whole.

Which is fine.

Except when you ignore that critics and audiences have roundly - and repeatedly - rejected it.

He only directed 2.5 films?

Sure...doesn't change the fact that he was the architect of the DCEU - his cast, his vision, his plots, his visual aesthetic, his version of the characters.

From a mopey depressed emo Superman to a twitchy, nervous Luthor to a too-young Barry Allen played for laughs, to a beefcake Aquaman who screams "Boo-yah" as a war cry (although that may have been Whedon, not Snyder).

It comes down to you (and 3-4 others) actively ignoring reality - that these are bad movies.

On 6/20/2023 at 6:04 AM, Gatsby77 said:

It comes down to you (and 3-4 others) actively ignoring reality - that these are bad movies.

Forum poll results from 2016

BvS_CGC_poll.png.8ec0003f12977a9ac7cee011de1a8e6e.png.3fe0d14d0ef388a99724449733f43632.png

Yup. You nailed it. Me and 3-4 others.

^^

On 6/20/2023 at 5:48 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Why aren't the movie hacks talking about the demise of Disney, Pixar's newest disaster Elemental

the preview was wretched.   told my daughter that i might not be able to pull papaw duty with the girls on this one.  she took them.

On 6/20/2023 at 6:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

Forum poll results from 2016

BvS_CGC_poll.png.8ec0003f12977a9ac7cee011de1a8e6e.png.3fe0d14d0ef388a99724449733f43632.png

Yup. You nailed it. Me and 3-4 others.

^^

And yet...

Warner Bros. was so freaked out at the poor critical and commercial reception to BvS that they hired Joss Whedon to change direction and "lighten the tone" for Justice League Part One.

And when that didn't work (because audiences, having been burned by BvS, simply didn't show up), they canceled multiple movies and Affleck dropped out of his solo Batman film and they were so paralyzed re. what to do with the Flash movie they delayed it for another 3 years (not counting pandemic delays).

On 6/20/2023 at 7:08 AM, Gatsby77 said:

And yet...

Warner Bros. was so freaked out at the poor critical and commercial reception to BvS that they hired Joss Whedon to change direction and "lighten the tone" for Justice League Part One.

And when that didn't work (because audiences, having been burned by BvS, simply didn't show up), they canceled multiple movies and Affleck dropped out of his solo Batman film and they were so paralyzed re. what to do with the Flash movie they delayed it for another 3 years (not counting pandemic delays).

I offer number results. You offer bluster.

PA professional? I see it now.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:30 PM, media_junkie said:

Seeing as how poorly the movie is doing he can say, "Nope wasn't me, they CGI'd my stuff".

The CGI for putting his face on the stunt double was bad... His mouth wasn't even moving while talking to Flash.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:03 AM, skypinkblu said:

I'd say in collecting, I favor DC, but in movies, I'm not proud, I'd watch anything. I just told someone tonight, that I think the first Iron Man was my favorite...but that's also because I loved his origin in the comics.

Well, to be fair to yourself, Iron Man is quite an excellent CBM.

On 6/20/2023 at 6:04 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Sure...doesn't change the fact that he was the architect of the DCEU - his cast, his vision, his plots, his visual aesthetic, his version of the characters.

Yeah, let's forget all of those pesky writers and producers and other people who influenced each movie... Get a grip, dude.

On 6/20/2023 at 7:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

I offer number results. You offer bluster.

PA professional? I see it now.

Apples to apples:

• The theatrical box office results, plus
  • Poor critical results, plus
  • Multiple movie cancellations

speak for themselves.

If Warner Bros was satisfied with the post-theatrical / total profits of these films, the Snyderverse would be alive and well today.

And Ray Fisher and Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot and Dwayne Johnson and Ben Affleck and Joe Manganiello wouldn't be looking for new gigs.

Not Ezra Miller, tho. We've got assurances they'll keep the role in the sequel. :roflmao:

Edited by Gatsby77

On 6/20/2023 at 7:35 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Apples to apples:

• The theatrical box office results, plus
  • Poor critical results, plus
  • Multiple movie cancellations

speak for themselves.

If Warner Bros was satisfied with the post-theatrical / total profits of these films, the Snyderverse would be alive and well today.

And Ray Fisher and Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot and Dwayne Johnson and Ben Affleck and Joe Manganiello wouldn't be looking for new gigs.

Not Ezra Miller, tho. We've got assurances they'll keep the role in the sequel. :roflmao:

"BVS bombed and audiences turned their backs on the Snyderverse"

BVS_BO.png.193692fd193d56f118c2571ca334b034.png.03fc2ea5afe99a00d94891c5758b220d.png

Film makes an estimated $105M profit after being massively panned by critics and social influencers. And the Domestic Home Theater market purchases 4.1M units of BVS UE blu-rays/DVDs alone. Not including digital sales.

"Just you and 3-4 others like these movies"

BvS_CGC_poll.png.8ec0003f12977a9ac7cee011de1a8e6e.png.3fe0d14d0ef388a99724449733f43632.png.cf66c47095632ae373a82ea4a0c3c609.png

46/196 gave BVS an 8.0/10 and 24/196 gave it a 9.0/10.

"I will continue to hatepost about films because I must. But me and a few others will blame you for forum disruption and discontent even though you enjoy DC, Fox Marvel, Sony Marvel, MCU and other CBM properties. You're a DC-only troll!"

:highfive:

Overall i loved the movie,did not love the uneven cgi even the explanation of the director makes no sense -saying its the perception of Barry inside the speedforce that makes us see this kind of outdated cgi.still good fun ,way better than antman 3  

Edited by Namtak

On 6/20/2023 at 9:24 AM, Namtak said:

...did not love the uneven cgi even the explanation of the director makes no sense -saying its the perception of Barry inside the speedforece that makes us see this kind of outdated cgi...

His explanation makes sense for the repeat-3D-memory effects, but nothing else.

Something that hit me yesterday when I was briefly discussing the movie with my friends... I think that James Gunn 'pulled an MCU' by hyping this movie up as "one of the best"; Something Marvel has been regurgitating for awhile for every single movie they release. Borrowed a trick from Feige's book, but audiences generally don't enjoy being lied to. Gotta be a negative going forward for his universe.

On 6/20/2023 at 10:34 AM, jsilverjanet said:

someone please add BVS/Snyderverse to the list of "CGC board topics with with no end"  other topics on the list include is pressing restoration?, 1st appearance of wolverine?, @greggy or crack?

"why was this book put in a green label holder?"

Something maybe lost in the discourse of the movie... I asked both of my parents if this movie clarified anything going from the DCEU to James Gunn's DCU... "Not at all."

My guess? Perhaps all of the DCU movies will reference The Flash at the beginning, to show how/why the character is different. It won't work for me, but maybe it could work for the audience they intend on attracting.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus