• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jungle Comics 45- Will this get to 9.2?

10 posts in this topic

A super high grade Jungle 45 I just overpaid for. This book has great eye appeal and is structurally beautiful but the interior has some 1/8" clips on all the bottom corners. Not sure whether to slab or not. How bad is that going to hurt it? What about that smudge on the "g"? It is high gloss and when you hold it you feel like the book has never even been read. The corner clip issue- is it insect damage or a factory defect? There are two non color breaking creases on the front cover that pressing would take out if I wanted to go that route.

BF07FD4A-7DA2-4E04-9EFF-6EACFB002561_zpsfkz2jqxg.jpg

EBF5CCA8-32F0-4512-96D4-AA12F64C46AA_zpsxw3hik4y.jpg

50839726-B4D6-46E3-B1F1-AFCBE356C4F5_zpsdxcngqlz.jpg

0A28504C-D1BB-4899-A0E4-F91CD6E4EFC1_zps34tokgua.jpg

My guess is that this book will end up in an 8.5 holder..... they will penalize for the corner chips. The stain may be able to be removed through a light dry cleaning ..... then maybe a 9.0. As for overpaying, it's a fantastic cover that doesn't turn up that often in grade. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Rick,

I am not an expert grader, so I will leave that to others on this board. I just want to say, "WOW! What an awesome book in high grade". As for overpaying. Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. I think people would be willing to pay a good price for a book this nice.

Congrats!

My guess is that this book will end up in an 8.5 holder..... they will penalize for the corner chips. The stain may be able to be removed through a light dry cleaning ..... then maybe a 9.0. As for overpaying, it's a fantastic cover that doesn't turn up that often in grade. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

+1 this is how I see it also

Beautiful fat spine on the book, too (I love how the flash bounces off it), which may be lost if pressed (I do see those creases).

As is, a technical 8.0 and quite a beautiful GA book!

Beautiful fat spine on the book, too (I love how the flash bounces off it), which may be lost if pressed (I do see those creases).

As is, a technical 8.0 and quite a beautiful GA book!

+1

When it comes to FH, color quality is as important as technical grade IMHO, and this copy is outstanding in that respect.