• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit 22 - opinion and advice appreciated

8 posts in this topic

Hello kind and knowledgeable people,

I have two copies of a favourite book... and I'm curious how they would grade out, and if anybody wants to offer any opinions on marrying these together... (but maybe I should post that question in the restoration thread?)

The first copy is missing the centrefold, (so I'm guessing that makes it 0.5?) and in addition to the small piece out on the left side, there is also a tiny tear about an inch lower (in the word "octopus") as well as a spine split that of about an inch near top (although not all the way to the top oddly)

comicscan_spirit22_copyA_fc_zps0ug73l6g.jpeg

comicscan_spirit22_copyA_bc_zpsxqqpyaal.jpeg

The second copy has a brittle cover, and a piece out on the bottom left but the pages don't feel brittle.

since this book is complete - I'm thinking it gets a higher grade?

I'm thinking maybe this centrefold should get married with the other book

Or the other cover gets married with this book.

comicscan_spirt22_copyB_fc_zpsvhe0tmrc.jpeg

comicscan_spirt22_copyB_bc_zpsv77xqifo.jpeg

thoughts or speculation are much appreciated... I'll post this in the restoration thread in a couple days and ask advice there as well

have a happy weekend, and good luck with your collecting

Patrick

Keep the one without the centerfold. People buy that book for it's cover anyway, and I see coverless books on eBay all the time. I've had it on watch for a while.

If you decide to keep the brittle one and sell the one missing the centerfold, please put me on your list of people to tell, lol.

Good luck!

Keep the one without the centerfold. People buy that book for it's cover anyway, and I see coverless books on eBay all the time. I've had it on watch for a while.

Good luck!

I agree!

Good advice --- I appreciate the comments... I think I'll keep the one with the stronger eye appeal on the cover as advised by skypinkblu....

... and I'll be on the lookout for a coverless to complete it... when that happens (or sooner) I will put the other one up here in the for sale section....

thanks all