• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Nice Raw Books On Ebay

29 posts in this topic

he provides pretty big scans. the buyer can make their own determination. "very sharp" is most likely going to be under 9.2 given that he has 9.2 slabs up, we can figure that out. low and behold, most of the very sharps are then described as VFs... not surprising.

how is he doing anything different than plenty of ebayers? i usually don't put a grade in the title unless the book is slabbed or I think it's NM (a designation i rarely use)

you hinting at pre-screen rejects sounds like you're saying he's giving books grades that they weren't good enough for in a pre-screen.

he has a 9.2 man thing 17 up, he's clearly not using a pre-screen, otherwise he wouldn't have had it slabbed unless it was 9.6 or better

you're being mean. i don't think the grades he gives and what the books look like are particularly inconsistent.

he provides pretty big scans. the buyer can make their own determination. "very sharp" is most likely going to be under 9.2 given that he has 9.2 slabs up, we can figure that out. low and behold, most of the very sharps are then described as VFs... not surprising.

how is he doing anything different than plenty of ebayers? i usually don't put a grade in the title unless the book is slabbed or I think it's NM (a designation i rarely use)

you hinting at pre-screen rejects sounds like you're saying he's giving books grades that they weren't good enough for in a pre-screen.

he has a 9.2 man thing 17 up, he's clearly not using a pre-screen, otherwise he wouldn't have had it slabbed unless it was 9.6 or better

you're being mean. i don't think the grades he gives and what the books look like are particularly inconsistent.

Are you having a conversation with yourself outloud? confused.gif

You are starting to freak me out poke2.gif

hey, those are follow-up comments, not a conversation with myself.

and, by the way, i was defending you. maybe i shouldn't. no good deed goes unpunished as my blessed mother used to say. that rom #1 looks no better than an 8.2!