• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever Bleed On A Comic?

32 posts in this topic

Sounds crazy, but I've come close several times. Dry skin plus little nicks from handling supplies. I didn't feel anything but then would look down and see a Mylite 2 with blood on it. Imagine looking down at that freshly purchased NM+ Spidey 121 and seeing a big blood stain on the cover? I bet it's happened! Even more of a danger with card supplies, which are thicker and sharper!

Happened to me once. I get bloody noses about 3-4 times a year (my doctor suggested getting my nostril cauterized but said there is a good risk of Anosmia (loss of sense of smell). So I never did it. Was reading a book and all the sudden a few drops of blood dripped onto the pages :(

Never. Use Mechanix work gloves when handling materials. The make them in thin sizes. Disposable "artists" gloves also work when handling comics - keeps grease and what-not from them. I started using work gloves when handling materials after almost reaching into some scorpions during a warehouse job.

Embrace it...rub the blood!!

91601-18188-106495-1-bloodstrike_zpscfnfbuzd.jpg

That "blood" used to be white, and when you exposed it to heat ("rubbed it"), it turned red.

Now, after all these years, the effect wore off, and they're all just red now.

:(

lol